Brains..Brains...Brains....Urgh......Stubbs the Zombie

Commissario
Has anyone else tried Stubbs yet?

I got my copy through this morning and first impressions are that it's pretty fun, nothing amazing but quite good fun wondering around with my little Zombie horde.

Some of the zombie effects/details are very good, one of my current horde is currently missing his legs so is pulling himself along with his arms, another has lost his head over something ;) (and standing in one place with his arms reaching out) and about half of them are armless :p
It made me laugh when one I ran into a horde member, rendering him legless (my first one) only for him to pull himself over and keep going

I'm quite looking forward to some of the later levels where I should get more weapons than just my head munch and fart attack.

Soldato
The demo was pretty fun, but seemed limited. I really wanted it to be fantastic because i am a huge zombie flick fan but it just seemed a bit consoley (is that a new word?)

Suspended
after buying and enjoying Destroy all Humans on the PS2 i was hoping that this would be along the same lines but all the reviews ive read say that it gets boring fast, its quite limited and has zero playback appeal. All gave it a sub 50% score.

Keep us updated as you go along so i can know whether the game is worth buying!

Soldato
MNuTz said:
after buying and enjoying Destroy all Humans on the PS2 i was hoping that this would be along the same lines but all the reviews ive read say that it gets boring fast, its quite limited and has zero playback appeal. All gave it a sub 50% score.

Keep us updated as you go along so i can know whether the game is worth buying!

not worth a full price buy but if you can get it around 15 quid its a bloody good laugh, I finished it in about 6 hours though :( spanned over a week fortunately, if it'd been a single sitting I'd have gone mental.

VERY VERY funny later on though, the actual plot is crazy :)

Soldato
It's a fun game with some great little touches. The downside is that it is very short. It does have Co-op mode on the console (don't know if the PC version does?) so it's got some re-playability after single player (though there are no new missions or co-op exclusive stuff).

Associate
Its not the game I hoped it to be, the coop mode on the consoles would have been a saving grace for the PC, everyone likes playing a horde of zombies, even more so when your with friends, but its abscent, to be honest it feels sub par latter on and there are a few problems, some with sound, there was a memory leak but that was supposedly fixed. The first half is a lot more fun than the end levels though, all in all, buy it when its on budget, its not worth the full whack really.

Commissario
OP
Don't worry, I didn't pay a lot for it :p

I'm currently at the dam (some very funny bits;)), and still enjoying it, although it is very simple/easy :(

I'm hoping that it will get a multiplayer patch (official or unofficial) at some point, as it could be great fun with some friends.

Commissario
OP
odd it should do, it has a load of different resolutions from 640x480 (lowest) to 1024x768 to 1360x768 (highest), via about 5 other settings (common CRT, TFT and widescreen resolutions).

It does however have a seperate setting for refresh rate that may be causing problems, but shouldn't do (out of range is normally a refresh rate that isn't supported by the monitor in it's current resolution).
Even if it were to be starting in widescreen it should still display on the monitor iirc.

Soldato
Been playing this today, good fun. Love the head attack and controlling people with the hand is fun. Also have to love pulling peoples arms off and bludgeoning them over the head with it :)

Back
Top Bottom