Anyone tried Teeth Whitening / bleaching?

Soldato
Hi there,

I am thinking of trying the home teeth whitening stuff and wondered if anyone has tried it with success and where they got their kit from etc.

Cheers...

Soldato
Conrad11 said:
Hi there,

I am thinking of trying the home teeth whitening stuff and wondered if anyone has tried it with success and where they got their kit from etc.

Cheers...

FR608J.jpg

Soldato
Sanzy said:
Your telling me you didnt think TOP GEAR richard hammend :O tut tut

nah the ross thing is more famous :p even though I too watch top gear, but to the OP I often think about teeth whitening, but then i think, i brush my teeth twice a day, if it was natural to have sparkly white teeth i would have them already.

Associate
I just read an article on this in a womans magazine (karma anyone?) :D

Apparently, your dentist can blast your teeth with 'something' (flouride maybe?) to bleach them for around £30, which is pretty reasonable IMO. I'm thinking of getting it done myself :)

Associate
Dace said:
Apparently, your dentist can blast your teeth with 'something' (flouride maybe?) to bleach them for around £30, which is pretty reasonable IMO. I'm thinking of getting it done myself :)

Yeah had this done about 3 months ago, it makes your teeth really sensetive, i had to start using special toothpaste (sensodyne ?) and there still a bit sensetive now.

The results are poor, i cant tell a difference, dont do it unless there really bad.

Soldato
Im gonna get it done while im out here...problem is that one of my front teeth got smashed in half when i was younger and now theres a filling...which will be a different colour if i get the teeth done...so ill have to get that sorted first...

sparkling white teeth for the win.

Suspended
Flouride naturally dyes your teeth slightly off white anyway - thus this is the colour of healthy teeth, not "Hollywood" white.

Kinda the same arguements as fake breasts :p

M0T

M0T

Soldato
I have had stained teeth after I was given so medication as a child. No amount of whitening toothpastes or expensive brushes made any difference.

Recently I have been trying products from the supermarket (home kits etc) and they seem to make little difference either.

Last week I got a 'proper' kit of the internet that I am trying out, might be the wallet factor but it seems to be working. I'll report back and let you know.

MJ

MJ

Associate
my advice don't use anything in the UK its all rubbish, if you ever go to the states get some colgate white strips they contain somthin we are not allowed over here. And they are amazin.

Soldato
I find that using Sensodyne Whiteneing that gently bleaches your teeth does not really work but actually makes my molars more sensitive as it erodes the upper layer of your teeth!

Associate
From what I gather, a fairly extensive job consisting of forking well over £300 (and multiplied by more sessions, if required) is the only way to guarantee noticeable results. Toothpaste and home kits apparently don't contain enough active ingredients to really make a difference, unless you have the patience of a saint.

Permabanned
I have manky-coloured teeth. Seriously off-white but not brown or anything...*shudders*

I've always had them and I always will...but they're strong and healthy. Never had a filling in my life.

Of course, my tea habit contributes to keeping them the shade that they are.

*n

Soldato
M0T said:
I have had stained teeth after I was given so medication as a child. No amount of whitening toothpastes or expensive brushes made any difference.

Recently I have been trying products from the supermarket (home kits etc) and they seem to make little difference either.

Last week I got a 'proper' kit of the internet that I am trying out, might be the wallet factor but it seems to be working. I'll report back and let you know.

I assume you have tetracycline staining, there is very little you can do short of getting your teeth capped.

Back
Top Bottom