Audigy 2 or 4?

Associate
Looking to buy a sound card, around 50 quid, to get rid of my AC97 on-board sound. Been looking at the Audigy 2 and 4, but not sure which is the better or the two? Going off the price I'd say the audigy 4, as the audigy 2 comes with the front I/O plate. Not quite sure though :confused:

Soldato
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 7.1 EAX Sound Card - OEM

I bought one of these, works like a charm with my Speedlink Medusa 5.1's

Its also tons better sound than the audio from my Fata1ty AudioMax 7.1

Associate
OP
TaKeN said:
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 7.1 EAX Sound Card - OEM

I bought one of these, works like a charm with my Speedlink Medusa 5.1's

Its also tons better sound than the audio from my Fata1ty AudioMax 7.1

Excellent, thanks for that.
Might get some Medusa's also, stop me getting moaned at by the missus when gaming at night :)

Associate
If you are using the onboard sound card How much does a Audigy 4 unload the processor, will putting in one of these make mutch differance. I've just bought the Medusa's and with the onboard AC97 whatever i do they sound tinny

Associate
I have read about mixed numbers with regard to unloading CPU. There is no doubt that they do take some pressure off. With referance to your Medusas sounding tinny. When I switched to my Audigy 2 the sounds was so differant the bass was shaking the headset - awsome. But search for one of my posts asking about connections as the plugs on medusa colours do not go colour into colour on the Audigy 2!

Associate
I sussed the coluors out no probs, Im just trying to work out some options. still im happy with the medusas. I would reccomend them.

Back
Top Bottom