Dad's Wheels

Associate
What motor does your dad drive (or mum) and would you be embarrassed to be seen behind the wheel of it in front of your friends? I drove my late dad's Yellow Hillman Imp (30 plus years ago :D ) for the first 6 months after passing my test. :)

Soldato
DSC_4996-01a.jpg

Soldato
Dad drives a Merc C-klass (1999V reg) 230 Kompressor, haven't driven this properly but would love to and i'm considering buying it when he gets rid of it as i'm trying to convince him to get an rs4/rs6 :D

Mam drives a mx-5 1.8i sport, lovely little car and is great for the summer!

Wouldn't be embarrassed to drive either ;)

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Mum drives a subaru L series. I cant be embarrised of it because if i am she wont let me drive it:)
Its got a hole somewhere in the exaust near the manifold(i think its called a manifold) and when you drive it at high revs it sounds like a big V8 and every one looks around to see what powerfull sports car is going past and they see me in the L series driving past them with bad accerleration:D:p

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Dad - E46 M3

Step mum - 325 Convertible

Mum - Mini Cooper Convertible

Step dad - VW Touareg

The mini is the only one that might be a bit iffy as its bright orange and a bit girly ;)

Sam

Soldato
Dad - Merc C220 Classic Estate, same colour as NickXX's (Salmon Green?).
Mum - Nissan Micra Candy Red :eek:

The Merc, yep, its class, i'd drive it.
The Nissan, No Way!

Associate
OP
These motors make my Hillman Imp days look :o But hey, he didn't have to lend it to me, and I did pull a nice girl who thought the car was sweet :)

imp.jpg

Aluminium engine in the rear. Well advanced for its time. :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Fallen Hero said:
What motor does your dad drive (or mum) and would you be embarrassed to be seen behind the wheel of it in front of your friends?

Dad has a 2002 530d SE and a 1998 Honda VFR800.
Mum has a 1995 Mitsubishi FTO GPX

I'd not be embarrased to be seen in either by my friends, infact I spent all last week being seen in the 530d and it was great :p

Wouldn't touch the bike.

cars.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
My Mum doesn't drive (although she has a licence and is insured on both my dad's cars). My Dad's two cars are a 1971 Morris Minor Traveller (which we've had since 1972) and a 1963 Morris Minor Convertible (which we've had since 1981). I'm happy to drive both, but not for long distances as they're not all that comfy. Until I got my first car I was driving the ragtop about :cool:

Soldato
When my mum bought her VW Polo a few years back I wasn't prepared to be seen dead in it. I later ended up buying the sodding thing when she moved up to a Xantia.

Since I'm now also a Xantia owner I'd have no shame in driving it at all.

EDIT: I do however have no shame. I've driven a Metrol that's been converted into an advertsing hoarding and I've been in my Mates Golf cabriolet (it was actualy his mum's) with the roof down and girls aloud on the sterio

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom