2.4ghz USA and Europe power difference????

Permabanned
I got a wireless link to connect me to a remote location which gets on the internet, i get around 13mbit :)

BUT my netgear 802.11g access points only work when they are selected to United States. Is there that much of a difference in power regulations between here and there?????

Associate
that shouldnt really effect it, if anything it should work better set to europe!!
the US has more restictions, and so a reduced number of available channels. what AP's do you have and how are they configured?

Caporegime
MikeOCUK said:
that shouldnt really effect it, if anything it should work better set to europe!!

Erm, two and half times the transmit power's going to make a hell of a difference.

Is it the same with the APs and clients closer together?

Soldato
MikeOCUK said:
the US has more restictions, and so a reduced number of available channels. what AP's do you have and how are they configured?

:confused:

You're right that there are less channels available in the US (1-11) compared to Europe (1-13) but like Tolien said, 2.5 x the output power is going to make a significant difference.

Back
Top Bottom