London shots

Associate
Continuing the recent glut of London pics I have a few more that I'd like to get some feeback on...

1. View from Tower Bridge of City Hall.
cityhall_sunset.jpg

2. Nearer view of City Hall. There's lots of building work and ugly fences around it so it's a little difficult to get a good POV on it.
city_hall3.jpg

3. North Bank View
thames_view.jpg

Associate
OP
4. Walkway to Poplar DLR
poplar_dlr.jpg

5. A quick pano shot from Poplar station whilst waiting for the next train. Just as I'd finished the bloke shouted 'Oi! You can't use those things in here.' I think he was reffering to my tripod :D It's made up of 5 shots.
docklands_pano.jpg

Comment, criticism, editing welcome.

Cheers,

Mohain

Soldato
Like em. :)

No. 4 is very cool - like the composition, and the person towards the back adds a good sense of scale.

In the first one I think the sky is a bit too yellow - thats probably what it looked like, yet it looks un-natural somehow!

Also, the buildings in the last one dont look quite tight. I think its to do with persoecitve and abgle, and using a wide angle lens. Maybe run it through PT Lens?

Despite the above, I do quite like them. :)

Number 1 I wanted to get when I was walking accross London Bridge.. But it was day time and the shot wouldnt of come out anywhere near what I wanted.

4 & 5 are my personal faves but thats not to say the others arent as good. Can I ask where 4 is located.. I have never seen that before ?

Associate
OP
Thanks for the comments chaps.

Joe T - You're quite right, I think I tweeked the yellow saturation a tad (only by about 5% tho). Thanks for pointing it out. I personally quite like the odd distortion on the pano, but I will go back and have a play with it.

Evil Penguin - It's an odd building. Looks like a sliced egg mid collapse :D

Phoenix Cosmos - It's a walkway over a road right outside Poplar DLR station.

Cheers,

Mohain

Associate
I like number 1 - you can see my office and the sky is pretty! I'd clone out the cranes though. The view will be better when they've finished building the More London estate!

Number 5 is great! The only thing that I can think that would improve it would be to get back there a bit earlier when there's still some colour in the sky still. (I know what you mean about the tripod police on DLR stations!)

Back
Top Bottom