File Sharing Problems

Soldato
This one has really got me scratching my head.

I have a folder on my PC with various video files in it. My dad has been working his way through watching them only to hit a snag - the file will not open in any media player and when he tries to copy the file to his local machine it claims 'access denied' (file in use/disk space).

The files are not in use, he has plenty of disk space and the files are in no way corrupted

This has also happened with my shared music folder. From my dads PC I can access every folder with the exception of the one I want to listen to (namely KISS :p)

Any ideas what could be going wrong?

Permissions are all set correctly as far as I can see.

Associate
yes iv had this problem aswell, its something to do with how your shares etc are setup when the files are written to the shared folder. try unsharing the folder, then reshare and give the 'everybody' group full control of the folder.

Associate
i found that when this happened to me, it was only the most recent added files that couldnt be accesed via the share, which makes me think its something to do with users access rather than an error elsewhere.

Soldato
OP
Think your onto something there - all the files I have difficulty getting at are the newest with the exception of half a dozen folders in the music share.....

I shall look into it and throw my mouse at the wall in anger later :)

Soldato
Many P2P Apps do this.

Try quitting the P2P App that you are using, and even restarting the PC if need be.

What I do sometimes when this happens, is use NERO to move the files to somewhere else!!! - Works 95% of the time that.

Back
Top Bottom