Car is dead again

Associate
Looks like Mr AA was right, went out today and my car is flat as a pancake again.

So it looks like a new battery is on the cards - Any recommendations? Im looking for a cheap replacement really but nothing that wont be up to the job (I dont want to spend out on a yellow top or anything too fancy thou).

I've got a ICE install consisting of 2 amps, a sub etc but they were fine on the 11 yr old standard battery (no dimming of lights on bass beats etc) so just a bog standard one will be fine I think.

Any good online prices or is halfords decent enough?!

Cheers!

(sorry about the bad typing/grammar-in a rush)

Associate
imo, halfords were highly priced.
i went to motorshop down the road and got a pug 306 diesel one for 30 quid iirc with 3 years warantee wich i dont think you can argue with, try these little car parts shops :)

hth Dan

Associate
Don't cut costs with the battery, megakid. Spend a little more and it will be well worth it. I'm not saying buy one from Halfords and spend more that way. Just find a battery outlet that gives good value for money, then spend a bit more with them. The battery is really the heart of your motor isn't it :)

Soldato
I guess in the ideal world, trying to spend more money on the better product is best.

But in some situations, some people just cant do that.

So i guess have you tried your orignal maufactures?

Although once i did spend £80 in ford for a new battery and fitting!! (it was an emergency)

Associate
OP
Ok I just bought a varta blue battery for £44 - I've been told they're good.

I dont really mind as I'm very...very drunk right now. I might regret this in the morning! It better fit...or else!

J

Associate
megakid said:
Ok I just bought a varta blue battery for £44 - I've been told they're good.

I dont really mind as I'm very...very drunk right now. I might regret this in the morning! It better fit...or else!

J

Let us know how you got on, although I do hear your model does come with a 'Starting Handle' should be in the boot next to the parachute. :)

Back
Top Bottom