Never ever going to buy another ipod or reconmend them to any one

Associate
Says it all in the title. The software so hard to use. Took me a hour to find out how to put the songs on the ipod. Now i got them on there they just wont play. No sound or anything but itunes say the songs are on there. Just dont understand it

Best of all it messed up my sli system had to format and my comp dont reconise sli any more. Great

All thanks to my girlfriend wanting one

Soldato
No offence intended but I really don't understand how you found it difficult to use iTunes. Probably the whole reason people love iPods is because they're so simple to use. I also fail to see how iTunes can affect your graphics cards but Windows can do some interesting things sometimes.

Anyway, I personally don't like iTunes so I recommend checking out some alternatives. The latest builds of Winamp 5.2 beta have iPod support and there is a plugin for older versions also. There's tons of other software if you take a look.

I also presume you've downloaded the latest version from Apple's site instead of using the bundled CD?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Phemo said:
No offence intended but I really don't understand how you found it difficult to use iTunes. Probably the whole reason people love iPods is because they're so simple to use. I also fail to see how iTunes can affect your graphics cards but Windows can do some interesting things sometimes.

Anyway, I personally don't like iTunes so I recommend checking out some alternatives. The latest builds of Winamp 5.2 beta have iPod support and there is a plugin for older versions also. There's tons of other software if you take a look.

I also presume you've downloaded the latest version from Apple's site instead of using the bundled CD?

The softwware rubbish took me ages to work it out took me 10 min to work out how to use sonic stage. Took me that long how to get them on the ipod now they stil dont work. It not affected my graphic card just effected the sli software sum how because it doesnt decect sli anymore.

Done all the updates and every thing it even game me the system disk error on boot up

Im glad i brought my sony mp3 ages ago insted of a ipod now

Associate
OP
Dreadi said:
got myself a 40 gig zen touch, its drag and dop, whats not to like plus it has a 24hour battery life, ipods stink

I got a sony hd3 or *** eva it was but that grat and easy to use if i just want to drag and drop. I didnt want her to have it justshe wanted it just mean i dont have to listen to her nag about babys now she wil listen to this wen i get it working

Caporegime
Ipods sound awfull anyway, it must be the only mp3 player with no bass. The fact that your forced to itunes instead of just wmp or drag and drop shows how desperate apple are for people to use their software, that would be like microsoft forcing you to use only wmp on windows.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Raikiri said:
TBH, my 11 year old neice managed to work out how to use Itunes so you shouldnt have a problem.

It not that i worked when the ipod decided to work now i got the songs on they wont play there seem to be a big bug that the ipos shuffle has where you put the songs on and then you keep ya fonger on the play button to take hold of but nothing happens

Associate
www.yamipod.com

itune replacement :D According to pcformat it allows you to do all the things that are normally restricted with an ipod. Worth looking into methinks. ;)

Oh, and it's FREE!

Associate
Energize said:
Ipods sound awfull anyway, it must be the only mp3 player with no bass. The fact that your forced to itunes instead of just wmp or drag and drop shows how desperate apple are for people to use their software, that would be like microsoft forcing you to use only wmp on windows.
ROFLMAO - your not 'forced' to itunes.. the company that does the forcing is Sony who's software is terrible compared to itunes. I went from a Sony to a itune's video - best decision I made.

Associate
I don't see what the big problem is TBH. I got the 30GB Video one at the beginning of the week and it's a doddle to use. Fair enough, it did freeze when I unpluged it from the PC but that was because I didn't eject it in iTunes. :o

It's so easy to use. Just plug it in and it updated its self if you have new songs in your iTunes library. The only thing I can't work out is how to get photos on it. Ah well.

Also I really don't see how it mucked up the SLI in your PC. Maybe it's just a coincidence?

Associate
I agree with most ppl here that Itunes is easy to use but on the other hand my ipod has crashed b4 now and taken days to unfreeze, also mi friends ipod has a decreased battery life and hes only had it a year. A question of the quality of the battery arises

Soldato
Just a quick question about Itunes. I have my music on my 'E' drive that takes up around 12gig. Now I have just copied all these songs in to Itunes, but where does or how does Itunes store the music.

Does it just simply create a reference list that points the ipod at the correct files on the correct drive to update it when it's plugged in? The itunes file in 'my music' is around 2 gig so I know that it doesn't actually copy all the files in to itunes.

Back
Top Bottom