When does Chancellor Gorden Brown release his annual budget?

Soldato
Why do you care? Its not as if he is going to do anything that will benefit you.
He will waffle on about meaningless tripe for 30 minutes, before reanouncing the same increases in public funding he has been announcing for the last 9 years, then he will hit you with:
Tax UP
Ciggs UP
Booze UP
Petrol UP

He will then sit down and believe everything is right with the world.
Perhaps in the world he lives in, it is.

Permabanned
As usual it won't be the increased tax on booze, fags and fuel that you need to worry about. I actually think that this budget is going to be a bit of a baby one, 10p on fags as they are this years bad thing and he'll get away with it in line with the forthcoming smoking ban in pubs. I think 1p on a pint or something, I doubt he is going to dare to touch fuel.
All in he is trying to promote himself as our next PM and I can't see him doing anything that'll spoil his chances. Doubtless lots of new taxes on things we don't really think about though, after all he has a huge deficit to make up.

Soldato
atpbx said:
Why do you care? Its not as if he is going to do anything that will benefit you.

Yes, perhaps we should all just close our eyes and walk around with our hands over our ears, I mean it's utterly pointless to be aware of what is going on in the world around us whether it effects us or not.

Back
Top Bottom