Domain hosting recommendations?

Associate
Hi...

I'm not sure if I've posted this in the correct section, but please feel free to move it to the correct one please :)

I looking to move to a new web host and register a new domain name. I'm currently with creationstorm.com who are U.S. based. My current domain with them is www.unearthedart.com.

Anyway, I'm looking for:

- decent amount of space (minimum 250mb);
- decent bandwidth allowance (minimum of 10gb, but preferably more);
- free .co.uk domain name with an option to add more at an inexpensive rate;
- free subdomains
- FTP access (usually a given I guess)
- and of course a low monthly fee :D

I've looked at 1and1 Hosting UK who seem quite good. Dataflame also seem okay...

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance again :)

~M~

Associate
I have used tsohost for hosting no problem. IMHO you are better registering your domans somewhere that just (or mainly) does domain registrations - rather than putting all your eggs in one basket. 123reg do pretty cheap .co.uk's.

Also don't forget to look at ochostreview (sticky).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You won't actually be able to use anything near that, because Dreamhost for one limit your CPU time to 60min/day I believe.

Saying that, Dreamhost are a reputable company and if you find any coupons you can get some incredibly low prices so you can't go far wrong I suppose. I haven't heard of topclasshost.com before, but the site seems decent enough and it looks like they've been around for a few years.

Back
Top Bottom