OCUK 360 game exchange in here.

Permabanned
Ok lads we all remember the playground, where game swapping for periods was the norm. Now im a pretty hardcore gamer as are a lot of us on here, the game database in here must include almost all 360 titles. Therefore i propose a trading scheme (through the MM and including the trust system) whereby people trade a game for a set period (say 1 month or whatever is agreeable). No silly categorising or grading schemes, game for game by agreement.

Principle would go, post the games you would swap, and the games you would accept in exchange + a time period, if someone wants to take you up they quote you and accept. you then delete that game or the entire post for cleanliness

What im looking for is 1) Mods approval 2)Forum support 3)to catch Wyrdo lol

So shall we do it? yes or no?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It would have been wise to ask first;) I assume your swapping games on a temporary basis? As far as the forums are concerned, its a logistical nightmare. We dont want to be held responsible for people getting conned, games not arriving, etc.

Caporegime
I think if OcUK negated all responsibility it would be fine, it would be entirely the risk of the users. The only thing used would be the OcUK trust section.

I think it's a great idea.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
I think if OcUK negated all responsibility it would be fine, it would be entirely the risk of the users. The only thing used would be the OcUK trust section.

I think it's a great idea.

Seconded. It's a great idea, and the trust could be the key. It's only the same as selling some total stranger your 7800GT, either they're trustworthy or they aren't.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Orifice said:
The other major stalling point is that the licence agreement of nearly all games state you cannot lend them.

Blimey. I never knew that?! I thought it was just against using it in public places, like DVD's etc? not actualy lending to a friend etc.

gutting, this would be great if it could be set up legit, I have condemned too lol, and I wanted to try out PD0 :(

Permabanned
OP
Yeah, its like in the same legal bracket as recording from CD's that arent yours. I mean ffs you cant have more than (x) number of peeps watching a dvd or watching you play a game etc, its utter madness really.

Well the final call goes to the dons i geuss. So orifice, if some trading were to go on in a thread in say the wanted section of mm, using OCUK trust system but not any OCUK endorsment or support and entirely at participants risk, can we? Because it does seem like a good idea.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
What about using http://www.the-reviewer.co.uk/ forums? maybe snipergecko could help, we can still use ocuk trust, you'd just have to ignore someone if they had none i geuss, or if one of us could be made a moderator we could self moderate it.

Think this could work out to be a good idea. And this way we keep OCUK sweet, ive been on the wrong end of the suspension stick too often lately

Man of Honour
I personally wouldnt have a problem with it, as its a good idea in principle. However the legalities of it mean that we couldnt allow it to be conducted on the forums.

Permabanned
OP
Ive emailed snipergeko about the potential of adding it in to http://www.the-reviewer.co.uk/ in some manner.

You know whats odd, when i had a Playstation about 6 years back, i was signed up to a club that graded games based on quality/age and ranked them a-z. You could then trade like for like or pay to trade a C grade game for an A Grade game etc. You paid a token fee for each swap. how could that be allowed?

In fact the EULA in PGR3 does not mention lending at all. It says HIRE and PAY FOR PLAY but not lending or swapping.

I came across this as i was trying to find the bit where it said you couldnt sell it on either cos im sure ive seen that in before too.

Do you never sleep orifice? :D

Man of Honour
Sleep is over rated;) Besides someone has to keep an eye on you lot.

As for the licence thing, it might not be in every game, but i've had a look at a few agreements for games i've got and they all mention you cant lease, rent or lend.

Permabanned
OP
In fact can anyone find where it says anywhere on 360 games that you cannot 'lend' the software. I know its in most eula's for software but i sincerely believe it isnt in 360 EULA's, in which case its fully legal

Permabanned
OP
Orifice said:
Sleep is over rated;) Besides someone has to keep an eye on you lot.

As for the licence thing, it might not be in every game, but i've had a look at a few agreements for games i've got and they all mention you cant lease, rent or lend.

Yeah ive seen that many times, just checked 3 360 games tho and it only says 'hire' and 'pay for play' and all the usual public performance gubbins.

No lend....

Soldato
I honestly cant see 360 games differing in their License Agreement. From my COD2 manual...

YOU SHALL NOT:

Sell, rent, lease, license, distribute otherwise transfer this Product, or any copies of this Product, without the express prior written consent of Activision

Lending to a 'friend' would surely fall under that category.

Also does it mean we arnt technically allowed to sell/trade the game after we have finished with it? Guess it shows how much attention people really pay to stuff like this :p

Back
Top Bottom