Mondeo Breaking - Engine

Soldato
I have been informed that the 2.0l Zetec in my Mondeo is quite popular with kit car enthusiasts?
My engine has covered 93k with about 60k of that guaranteed motorway miles (likely to be the majority of that). It has new belts fitted all round and runs smoothly and quietly, regular servicing etc...

I have been thinking of ways to dispose of the chassis of the car and basically bits I don't remove.

Dad came up with a good idea of selling the engine with the chassis. It saves me the time of having to somehow remove the engine (dont have a hoist) and also the cost in getting the chassis removed.

I would be willing to sale the engine for cheap if they took the "remains" of the car away too. I doub't they will be able to drive it onto a trailer as I am looking to sell the alloys.

I have no idea where to market the engine and "remains" or indeed how to word it.

So any advice or light you can shed on this matter would be much appreicated.

Regards,

Chris

Soldato
You won't find many people willing to take an entire car with no wheels just for the engine, especialy as the Mondeo is not a suitable donor for any kits that I know of. 1.8 and 2.0 Zetec engines can be had for £100-£200 anyway, and most people will just want the engine, no gearbox, driveshafts etc.

Permabanned
Nobody will beak it for you.

It IS a very desirable engine right now - stick it on throttle bodies and standalone management with a decent fannymould and you're looking at the fun side of 220bhp.

9" grinder, breaker bar and socket set. Get stuck in.

I've disposed of a land rover by shuttling it in bits to the dump in the back of a Golf.

*n

Soldato
Have to be pallated, crated then shipped by a shipping company. Bit of work, I would have thought.....

Plenty of people here looking for Zetecs, although don't expect much for it, don't go to the hassle of sending it abroad :D

Associate
Hey tesla are you still selling bits of the car ?

I was looking for the screws that hold the door cards on and some screws for all the paneling in the boot.

Soldato
OP
Jonny69 said:
What's up with bunging it on eBay with a collection only?
I dont have a hoist to get it out of the car.

Door card screws will go with the door cards but which boot screws did you need?

I registered on that locost site but got no password email so cannot login to post :(

Soldato
Hire a hoist for the weekend from http://www.hss.com/

Im not being funny but if I was buying an engine from someone who can't even remove the engine from the car and wants to sell the entire car with it, I would be extremely worried. Looks pretty unprofessional on your part.

Associate
Try www.fordmondeo.org forums - there is a market place section.

As mentioned, Denmark is expensive for cars (a mk1 Mondeo will set you back around 2k I hear), just take care of how you will recieve payment due to all these scammers about.

Soldato
Tesla said:
This isn't my profession though?

Why would you be "extremely worried"?

I am breaking my own car as it's a Cat B write-off.

But you are selling an item to someone therefore your professionalism (spelling?) is important. If you had the choice of buying from someone with the engine removed from the car or someone unable to remove the engine and therefore requiring you to remove the entire shell, which would you take? It just comes accross as a bit unproffesional and amatuerish which could make people question the history of the engine etc.

Back
Top Bottom