• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X1900XT Crossfire overclocking

Associate
Hey guys, I am running a crossfire setup of n X1900XT-X and an X1900XT Crossfire edition. Overclocking is proving trickier than I anticipated, as normal tools like ATi Tool don’t seem to work properly, and the ATi CCC overclocker is very restrictive. I have tried the "overclocker" tool to try and set higher clock speeds but the performance gains do not seem to tally with the clock speed adjustments, and there doesn’t seem to be a way to make the clock speeds apply automatically on windows start.

has anyone with a similar system got any good tips or tricks? I’m on water-cooling so heat is not an issue (<45 degrees full load).

Another annoyance is that all of the overclocking programs only show a single card, so I’m not sure if I’m overclocking one card or both! This certainly still is an immature technology...

Associate
Hehe it's not just Crossfire, I'm having EXACTLY the same issues with SLI at the moment. I've just done a fresh Install of XP so retesting everthing but in dual card mode my 3dMark scores went DOWN when I overclocked and as far as I could tell only one card was being overclocked.

Doesn't help with your problem but it doesn't appear to be just a Crossfire problem.

Back
Top Bottom