• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI Gpu recover

Caporegime
Why is it that when this is enabled my games crash and burn? Im sick of that error message coming up. When I disable it games work fine no problems at all. So why does gpu recover actually cause the problems in the 1st place?

Soldato
Have you overclocked at all? It may be because the card is overheating so it shuts down the program to not cause any damage to the card itself.

Soldato
Energize said:
Why is it that when this is enabled my games crash and burn? Im sick of that error message coming up. When I disable it games work fine no problems at all. So why does gpu recover actually cause the problems in the 1st place?
i never had problems with it, but i also hear loads of horror stories about it.

i really liked the feature, because a simple gpu/driver crash wouldnt take the whole system down. Yet when games crash on my Nvidia, its power off time! :( doesnt Nvidia have this feature at all?

Caporegime
it's just one of those things ati wasted time/effort implementing for sake of their feature list, alongside smartshaders etc.

just disable it and be happy.

Soldato
I have a 9800pro that suffered with this now my card is beggered as my screen gets all lines and squares in it when I play games and sometimes on the desktop. This is anoying as I've never overclocked my graphics card I wondering if it was down to my sound card being to near to it so the fan was not doing its job as well as it could.

Associate
Have you actually checked the running temperature? Would you rather have your games crash to desktop occasionally or have your GPU fried?

Back
Top Bottom