Liquid latex/silicon

Soldato
Saw a thread in the MM where someone had insulated their Mobo with a paint on silicone/latex - looked like a really good job of insulating around the socket, and I would like to try it instead of the old Conformal spray on stuff - anyone know what it was called and where it can be found (set to a clear silicone substance that can be easily peeled off!)

Cheers!

Soldato
OP
Awesome - that's the stuff - cheers mate!

Really off topic - but I've just got that's wonderful mobo and had a couple of quick queries - what Chipset block do you use, and how are you cooling the huge Alu heatsinks (?mosfets) - the Pwmci temp thingies?

Last edited:
Permabanned
cavemanoc said:
Awesome - that's the stuff - cheers mate!

Really off topic - but I've just got that's wonderful mobo and had a couple of quick queries - what Chipset block do you use, and how are you cooling the huge Alu heatsinks (?mosfets) - the Pwmci temp thingies?

"lunaforce L4e" chipset , once again google should bring up the only shop that does them and its italian lol.

I have a 120mm fan blowing on the pwmic. Should be ok without one with singel core tho.
With dual core they get roasting.

Tom

Soldato
OP
welshtom said:
"lunaforce L4e" chipset , once again google should bring up the only shop that does them and its italian lol.

I have a 120mm fan blowing on the pwmic. Should be ok without one with singel core tho.
With dual core they get roasting.

Tom

Cheers for that - yeah - I have an Opty 165 on there and it's getting up close to 60C - pointed an Akasa Amber at it and it dropped back down to 30C, but was looking for a more permanent solution (Noticed that Alphacool now do some interesting blocks for the Asus boards covering the heatpipes - something like that might work well!

Does that single fix give a good contact? I quite liked the look of these:

3546_0.jpg

Alphacool NexXxoS NB-SLI 1 Northbridge

As they don't interfere with the Pci-e slot like most other NB coolers.

Thanks for the link Marv - life saver as always! This stuff as good as it looks?

Don
cavemanoc said:
This stuff as good as it looks?

It's top notch, never use silicone gel now. Just paint it on, leave it to dry for 10 mins then away you go. Still use the neoprene foam over the top though but if there's any condensation the liquid insulation tape will protect the board.

Once you've finished with the board, you can peel off the tape and it's as good as new.

Jokester

Back
Top Bottom