Car dead on the driveway, need some advice!

Associate
Hi
My car broken down on the motorway last nite and RAC sent out a tow truck. Now the car is in my driveway, no idea whats wrong with it (wont start). How do i get my car to the car garage? Will they send out a tow car again? how much will it cost me?

Also am i expecting too much for an RAC car to come out to check on my car when i was brokwn down instead of the tow truck? At least then they can tell me whats wrong with it.

advice please!

Associate
OP
sorry i dunno much about cars, ill describe what happened...
well i was driving along and suddenly the accelerate pedal stopped working. When i managed to stop on the hard shoulder, there was a dead bird at the back of the car. I assume when i ran over the bird, it most have snapped something under the car. Now the car wont even start.

Don
Have you tested the battery? It could be that or the alternator that has just damaged, the dead bird may have just been a coincedence. There's not much you could snap under the car you see...

Associate
OP
Complained to the RAC and they sent a patrol car along to check whats wrong with the car. The timing belt snapped and i will need to take it to the garage for repair.

Soldato
ultim said:
Complained to the RAC and they sent a patrol car along to check whats wrong with the car. The timing belt snapped and i will need to take it to the garage for repair.

Ouch, thats an expensive job, no doubt the head will have plenty of bent valves!

Associate
owch on the motorway too its probably not going to be cheep. verry shocked the RAC just towed you home and dident look at the car - i wish they would jhust listen to me sometimes when i tell them i need a tow cos it aint driving home, lol the usaually insist they send a van out to check it:S
did it go with a big of a bang?
what car was it? sorry i am just nosey lol.

Dan

Soldato
ultim said:
sorry i dunno much about cars, ill describe what happened...
well i was driving along and suddenly the accelerate pedal stopped working. When i managed to stop on the hard shoulder, there was a dead bird at the back of the car. I assume when i ran over the bird, it most have snapped something under the car. Now the car wont even start.

this is a troll right?

Back
Top Bottom