£500 - £700 - Please suggest a laptop.

Soldato
Hi guys

I have no previous experience of laptops/notebooks, but now find myself in the market for one. The main use for it will be wireless browsing, working (Word, Excel, etc.), and possibly the occasional bit of fun gaming (not complex 3D games - I've got a 360 & a PC for that).

Can anyone suggest some good choices within the £500 - £700 price bracket please? :)

Soldato
I got a Gateway 6635b? from a well known office supplies outlet for £699

centrino 1.73ghz
1gb ram
10gb hdd
wireless
wired
dvd dual layer writer
widescreen display
its a nice machine

:D

Soldato
OP
Thanks Dr Who - but I've had some bad experiences with Gateway in the past!!!

I have been looking at a couple of the Dell machines, as they seem good for price/performance - but some people say to stay clear of Dell.

OcUK Staff
deSade said:
Thanks Dr Who - but I've had some bad experiences with Gateway in the past!!!

I have been looking at a couple of the Dell machines, as they seem good for price/performance - but some people say to stay clear of Dell.

If you looking at DELL, Asus, Acer or Sony make sure you checkout OcUK. When it comes to DELL our prices are cheaper than DELL plus you still get the same DELL warranty, so just like buying from DELL but saving yourself anything between £10 - £300 depending on which one you go for.

Look for yourselves:-
Notebook Range at OcUK

The 6000 and 630 models are great value. But if you want something very lightweight and small for business/travelling then the Latitude models are a good idea to check out. :)
The best value one at the moment is the 630m but they are on special offer hence the such low price for a very high specification of machine, if you want one be quick as pricing will go up soonish... Or get the 6000 with Pentium M 750, its only a little more and you get larger screen with decent ATI graphics etc. etc.

Soldato
OP
Cheers Gibbo, I was looking at buying from OCUK - as I have done for most of my PC components in the past. Always found it hard to beat the service/prices.

There you go - a bit of free promotion as well..!!! ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom