Dell laptop and win xp home oem cd

Faz

Faz

Associate
It's been asked before but

I have a dell laptop with xp home on it and lots of associated dell rubbish.

Will I be able to use my desktop xp home oem disk to install it on the laptop if I use the laptop product key, basically want xp home without all the dell crap

Cheers Faz

Soldato
Didn't they ship you a CD with the laptop?

That's what they did when I bought mine and the work kitted up. I just used that CD to get rid of all of the rubbish that they load on it

If not I don't see why using another CD but the Dell key should cause any problems

Associate
there should be a program somewhere among all the junk that you use to back up systemfiles onto a cd then when you need to reinstall windows you just boot up with the disk and volia crap free dell laptop. I cant remember where it is though just look through all the dell stuff.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
You will be able to use any XP Home OEM CD with the key on the laptop, sorry Blitz you're wrong on that one :)

I can't believe my eyes when I see that Dells come preinstalled with what looks like their own breed of spyware and all that other crap that slows it down. You would be best off getting rid of all it and start afresh if you can.

Edit: you'll have to download the drivers from their site and just check it's not Media Center installed like a lot are.

Man of Honour
Jonny69 said:
You will be able to use any XP Home OEM CD with the key on the laptop, sorry Blitz you're wrong on that one :)

Ive tried the one that was stuck to the side of a dell pc once and it didnt work and i swear ive heard that before :confused: ah well learn something new :)

Back
Top Bottom