Wanting new case - Akasa or Lian Li regardless of price

Associate
I have been reading the forums for a few weeks now and decided I would like confirmation from a few of you as to which to go for.

I am looking at getting either:

Akasa eclipse 62
Lian Li V1000
Lian Li V1100

If money isnt a problem which would you go for and why?

I know that the Akasa is the ultimate in cooling but I am not keen on the looks. I really like the looks of the V1100 but am uncertain that the front door will restrict air flow. The V1000 looks the most promising for me so far but am unsure about the noise.

The most important features:

1) Quiet
2) Cooling
3) looks

I also have an Ultra X conect and would like to know if this will be ok in all of the cases.

Appreciate any feeback you give me. I know most of you will say the Akasa from what I have read but I really like the Lian Li's.

Associate
RedDwarfUK said:
I have been reading the forums for a few weeks now and decided I would like confirmation from a few of you as to which to go for.

I am looking at getting either:

Akasa eclipse 62
Lian Li V1000
Lian Li V1100

If money isnt a problem which would you go for and why?

Well the Akasa Eclipse isn’t even in the same league as the Lian Li's plus it’s ugly as hell. The V1000 series are supposed to be well built and have ok cooling, if you can get used to the inverted layout (which i hate btw) or like the way it is then go for it.

I will recommend a case that is a league higher than the V1000's from what ive seen and read, the Silverstone Temjin TJ07.

Probably the best looking case in the world imo, great airflow, room for water cooling (without cutting) great design and exceptional build quality.

Silver or Black
Silverstone_TJ07S.jpg

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Silverstone.html

Hefty price tag but nothing comes close....if money isn’t a problem that’s what you should buy.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the quick replies :)

When I say money isnt an option, when you hit the 200+ for a case I think it may be :)

You also said "ok cooling", by this do I take it that they are not as good as the Asaka? If so, will it be a large difference?

I do like the look of the V1100 but am unsure of the airflow and rattle of the front panel.

Associate
RedDwarfUK said:
Thanks for the quick replies :)

When I say money isnt an option, when you hit the 200+ for a case I think it may be :)

Beast of a case though :D

RedDwarfUK said:
You also said "ok cooling", by this do I take it that they are not as good as the Asaka? If so, will it be a large difference?

Yea i said it that way because im not to keen on the compartmentalised design, i imagine the Akasa will give better airflow over the V1000.

Permabanned
For Silence I think a BLACK antec p180 is in order, and with the rest of the money buy a Seasonic S12 for even more silence.

But out of those cases a BLACK V1000+ is the best :D

Associate
OP
Origianlly I opted for the P180 until I read a lot of the posts here.
Seems the two manufacturers to chose from are the ones I have mentioned.

My head is telling me the Asaka but I really want someone to point me in the direction of the Lian Li's, especially the V1100. :)

Which is the better out of the two Lian Li's?

I know these have ben mentioned before as I have rea a lot here but its better when its more personalised.

Thanks all for the help.

Gonna be buying next week.

Also got to decide if I should go for OCZ 3200 2gb ram.

Soldato
The p180 has a habit of falling apart.

The Lian Li V series is down to persona preference to which one you buy, they are all good.

After seeing a TJ07 I would not say it is a complete league ahead, as most of the cooling seems wasted.

The cooling on the V1000+ I have is superb, the case also suits watercooling perfectly.

www.yewen.co.uk under user reviews there are some pictures, also in the cases gallery there are some.

Also if you would add me to msn or drop me a email I will be able to give some better advice on the V series, which IMO are the ebst cases made since the ATCS ones.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got both a Black V1000+ (as a Koolance PC3-725) and 3 Akasa Eclipses and without a doubt, if you have the money, buy the Lian-Li. If you can't stomach spending £50 more on a case, then you will not be disappointed with the Eclipse.

Associate
I would go with the v1000 out of your list. ~If it was me spending out though I would splash the extra and get another v2000b.

both of the v series lians fit your 3 criteria. I would never buy an 1100 though because i hate cases with doors on. I use my optical drives constantly so would get fed up with a doored case very quickly.

Associate
the TJ07 is definately the best case for my likes when it comes to looks and design..i fell inlove with it, but the price keeps me away so far...i m not sure whether I'm willing to spend 200+ pounds on a case. (but i so god damn want to :p)

anyway on-topic, i would go for the lian-li v1000+ instead of the eclipse. the eclipse feels el cheepo in a way, maybe its just me...either way you can't go wrong, both are good cases but I prefer the lian-li's.

Soldato
The TJ07 imo offers nothing over a v series, just the silverstone price tag.

Although they are the equals of the V series in everything but build quality, and the TJ07 certainly wipes the floor with the V series on the cooling front.

I just could not see myself living with a TJ07 yet I would not hesitate recommending them to someone who had no worries about price, the v1000/2000 though I think most will agree offers better value for money all round, nock £60 of the TJ07 and I doubt Lian Li would sell many V cases!

Associate
the thing is without modding i find the cooling in the v series pretty poor. one 120mm fan infront blowing air directly to the hdd's, then one exhaust in the upper area and optional for 2x80mm on top of the psu. i dont know but lets say u have 8 hdd's (even 4), they completely block the airflow no? I don't know, that's why I'm asking, but it seems pretty poor cooling to me even though they mention "advanced cooling" in the specs.

Soldato
There are no exhausts on the V1000/11000. Only the blower fan.

The V series cool very well providing you follow the isntructions, otherwise people try and use normal cooling ideas in a compartmented design like it appears you have been trying to do.

Soldato
I would say stick with there layout, although the blower fan is not always needed.

I use Akasa Amber fans as they are really good at stock, and if you use a fan controller they can become very very quiet! They offer the best Noise/Performance ratio especially in aluminium cases in sub £30 each fans.

Associate
CaSh_MoNeY said:
Well the Akasa Eclipse isn’t even in the same league as the Lian Li's plus it’s ugly as hell. The V1000 series are supposed to be well built and have ok cooling, if you can get used to the inverted layout (which i hate btw) or like the way it is then go for it.

I will recommend a case that is a league higher than the V1000's from what ive seen and read, the Silverstone Temjin TJ07.

Probably the best looking case in the world imo, great airflow, room for water cooling (without cutting) great design and exceptional build quality.

Silver or Black
Silverstone_TJ07S.jpg

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Silverstone.html

Hefty price tag but nothing comes close....if money isn’t a problem that’s what you should buy.

That look so much like the v1000

Soldato
Digital-Prozac said:
I have an Akasa, very pleased with it (apart from the plastic front). Cool, quiet and fullfills my "HUGE" case fettish. Tbh, I now want a V1000 and regret being steered in the direction of the 62

If you ever do decide to upgrade then contact me and I'll take the Eclipse off your hands if you feel so inclined.

Back
Top Bottom