Sound Card Drivers Not Installing . . .

Associate
Okay, I had a sound which was working fine - then I decided to upgrade to the Xfi Music Card. However, after installling the card - disabling the onboard sound after having problems. I tried again - no difference. What the error message says is that no "registered product" can be detected. Eventhough I don't see any reson for it to not be.

Associate
What does it say under device manager?

Pray to god that it isnt "ACCESS Bus Controller"

If its "Multimedia device" or summit download the latest drivers from Creative. Extract them using WinRAR and look for one called CTARXX.EXE or similar and double click on this. Will install the driers. Reboot and you should have sound.

Soldato
Stick the X-Fi in another PCI slot - preferably the bottom one. They're very fussy. Mine did exactly the same thing - even tho my old SB Live had been sitting in the same slot for 18 months without a problem :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
I will do what Curio said, but !n$oMniA what you on about :confused:I know where device mangager is but what am I looking for?

Associate
OP
Right, I have just restarted my pc and it came up with new hardware found. So I downloaded the drivers from the website and installed them. I have posted a picture below of what I see. However, I still have no sound - and nothing is muted everything is on its loudest . . . .

weird7ko.jpg

Associate
OP
Right moved it into the last slot after sorting my pc out from its crash I had yesterday. At the moment the microphone works but no sound, and occasionaly some little crackels wich got bigger and bigger and then the pc BSOD :( . Then sometime yesterday I did receive sound for a few minutes then it dissapeared again. I also ready about interference from wires, so in a bit I am going to have a go at removing wires from anywhere near my sound card.

Soldato
do you have the creative audio console :
if soe open it and click on the headphone detection tab
and un-tick the two boxxes ( if they are ticked)

one of them mutes your speakers ! lol
Rick

Associate
OP
Cheers for that, but at the moment my computers just unistalled the drivers :S - and I can't remember how I did install them so having problems with that. :rolleyes:

Soldato
best bet is to create a folder and save the driver in the folder.
from the creative site its just a case of double clicking it... or it should do !

just amke sure theres no drivers installed for the card before you try to install more !

Rick

Back
Top Bottom