Shuttle takes ages to power on ?

Associate
My Bro has a shuttle and for some reason it takes ages to switch on. You press the power button and then nothing - about 30 seconds later the lights will come on and it will boot up as normal.
Rebooting is fine - just a problem when starting up..

Has me stumped - any ideas ?

Cheers Guys

Associate
Hi,

My shuttle takes 30 seconds to power on, but only after it has been powered off at the wall. All other times, it boots fine.

Associate
My shuttle does exactly the same, if powered off from the mains. Always thought that it was a dodgy motherboard/powersupply.........lol, didnt realise its kinda normal.

Associate
Sneaky Peaky said:
My Bro has a shuttle and for some reason it takes ages to switch on. You press the power button and then nothing - about 30 seconds later the lights will come on and it will boot up as normal.
Rebooting is fine - just a problem when starting up..

Has me stumped - any ideas ?

Cheers Guys

I had this same problem. I replaced the psu and all was fine. I needed to upgrade my 200W psu anyway to a 300W due to the arrival of a 7800GS

Soldato
mine does something similar but not quite. basically if you turn it off at the wall with the mains, then back on, it just turns on, black screen etc. however if you turn it off (press and hold hte power button) then turn it on again, its fine.

infact thinkin bout it, it must be the same problem. its just that ive never left it long enough to see if it does start up as i remember black screens on boot up from my overclocking with my SN45G. if it rebooted after changing settings in the bios and displayed a black screen (like my SN85G4V3 does without tinkering in the bios), it usually ment it didnt save them properly and you had to restart it.

its a strange problem and only does it when its turned off at the mains. not too much of a problem for me as its usually plugged in, but still

Associate
Just a quick warning! I had this problem for a few months, thought nothing of it. The other day power on and POP.....then the unbearable smell of a blown up PSU.
Luckily, I had just moved everything across to my new system, so gonna get a replacement psu for this one and use it as a media centre...

Associate
Mines been behaving like this from the day i got it. I thought it was broke, when the unit arrived as it wouldnt power on. Its been like this for 2 and half years now.

Associate
My old athlon shuttle has started doing the same for the last few months. The intervals between pressing the power switch and it turning on has been getting longer and longer. Recently I have discovered what was causing it or part of the reason. I have an external USB2 TV tuner connected all the time to the box. The TV tuner is small enough that it runs on the power from the USB socket on the shuttle box.
When I switch on the shuttle box I then disconnect the TV tuner briefly which results in the box powering up immediately. Either the power supply is getting overloaded or it is starting to fail. When I added the TV tuner originally the box had no trouble powering up.
So check if you have any USB peripherals that draw power from your box as that might be part of the reason or the power supply needs changing or upgrading.

Back
Top Bottom