• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Laedtek Winfast A6600 GT: Power Problems

Associate
Hi,

Iv'e built a PC (specs below) which is causing me a lot of grief due to the video card. I have the following problem:

Whenever I boot up my pc, it says something along the lines 'there is not enough power supplied to your graphics card, to stop damage to the card, the video card will lower its performance to a safe level'.

I don't know why this is happening! I've tried changing the power leads (Swapping it for another lead coming from the Power Supply). I've even tried disconnecting all my devices (e.g. cdroms etc) to give full power to the card and it still has the same problem. Doing my head in now. Someone please help :( Is this powersupply reliable ?

Thanks

Laedtek Winfast A6600 GT
Antec Neopower 480W
Asus A8v Deluxe motherboard (wireless edition)
2x35Gb Raptors in a software RAID
1x NEC DVDRW drive
1x Sony DVD drive
1x floppy drive

Permabanned
BTW, the newer psu's > Antec NeoHE 550W Modular ATX2.0 PSU and such have major issues on asus mobos due to low amps on rails (cant remember what voltage rail), best to test with another psu even though yours is the older model Neo.
You cant be 100% sure until you try differnt PSU.

I used to have same issue but it was dodgy "Y" molex cable that came with gpu, mines is agp 6800Ultra so has 2 molexs to feed on the gpu using a atx1.0 antec truepower 550watt

VB6

VB6

Associate
I too have this problem.

Spec

Leadtek Winfast A6600GT TDH 128MB AGP
P4 Prescott 800 FSB
MSI 865Neo2-P Motherboard
2GB corsair Value Select DDR400 Cas 3
80GB P-ATA HD (Maxtor)
Creative Soundblaster Live Value
1 X CD/RW
1 X Sony DVD Rom

Tagan 480W PSU (30 Amps on 12V rail according to Manual!!) Also, Tagans have separate VGA PSU cable. This is the second PSU i have tried. Other one was a no name 450W.

Have tried re-seating VGA card and PSU cable to VGA card, various different versions of Forceware (used Driver cleaner) and also fresh installs of Windows (SP1 and SP2)

Nothing works. I have emailed Leadtek Tech support but have yet to recieve a reply.

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom