Well, I have a grill on my gpu and a grill on my case....

Permabanned
That's a mesh, then.
I would remove it, personally. But that's me, I don't have a particually cool case. I can't see it really limiting your overclock.
If you do remove it, make sure you clear the dust out of your fans every couple of months.

Soldato
OP
k. cheers. I will probably just use a blower every couple of months and blow the air out. but first does anyone else agree with him so i can make sure to remove it
thanks

Soldato
Yeah it'll be fine so long as you clean out the dust every so often. Personally I'd leave the case one in as that won't affect overclocking performance as much as removing the graphics card filter.

Soldato
OP
monkeypants said:
Yeah it'll be fine so long as you clean out the dust every so often. Personally I'd leave the case one in as that won't affect overclocking performance as much as removing the graphics card filter.

ive noticed tho that a lot of dust gets inside my case anyhow as there is 2 fans sucking air into the case and the mesh is just behind it, so when the mesh gets dust on it, the fans blow the dust into the case. at least i think thats why there is dust inside the case

Permabanned
Might be a mesh/grill screwed into place. If it's part of the case you'll need to use a hobby drill.

Have you got pictures?

Soldato
Jokester said:
He's correct, a grill restricts air flow (= noise) through a fan.

I chopped the grill off the front of my Antec SLK3700BQE and the noise from the front fan dropped significantly.

Jokester

ty mr jokester

acctualy makes quite abit of a difference

Permabanned
I guess you could cut out the case holes ie like this- the mesh in front of the fan is not required. Two pictures at the bottom showing restricted airflow.
http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-242-5.htm

Exhaust holes are too small.
http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-242-3.htm
You could could out the hole and fit one of these..

fanguard.jpg

Don
A mesh stops dust entering your case, they restrict air flow as well, though it might not be as noisy as a grill. Entirely depends if you want to have to clean out your PC every year or 2, or want the quietist case possible.

Jokester

Permabanned
salami1212 said:
what do you mean??
Here. The metal that's the case, with the holes. Mark out the area directly in front of the fan blade circumference and cut away so the airflow is not obstructed. It'll depend on your case of course, if the foam/plastic mesh in front will plop out and fall into the blades don't do it. But if there's nothing there nor any cables you can do this.

fanfront.jpg

It's the same for CM device module, there's steel mesh with very few vent holes for free airflow. Removed the three metal panels and refitted fan so there's nothing in the way between HD & fan. Only the front mesh & foam filter.

hdd-drive-cage-empty.jpg

Back
Top Bottom