Spring Clean

Associate
Few bits and bobs to do on the NC30, so it was off with the fairing time and what a hassle that was. Seized fasteners(sp) galore on the lowers and missing some on the uppers inside the front fairing, but got em all though. Will be replaced with a probolt kit.
So one naked NC30

strip.jpg

And some where in there is a 400cc V-Four engine.

where.jpg

The build quality of the NC30 is awesome for some thing so small. Everything fits in such a small place.

Robb

Associate
out of curiosity what does it look like with its clothes on? i used to knoe a mechanic with a vfr400 and i really liked it becouse it seemed small, lol i know nothing about bikes at all apart from there faster than my car and i think they do look good:p

Soldato
I bet you use wheel cleaner by the gallon with those wheels! Very nice, when the summer is here I'd like to spend a day stripping the CBR down to the bones and giving it a good cleaning down properly.

I bet that arrow sounds pretty sweet too!

Associate
OP
lukechad said:
I bet you use wheel cleaner by the gallon with those wheels! Very nice, when the summer is here I'd like to spend a day stripping the CBR down to the bones and giving it a good cleaning down properly.

Muc-off, easiest stuff to use. Used it for years. Spray on, wash of with water. Jobs a good un.

I bet that arrow sounds pretty sweet too!

Hmm, Arrow is a just an Art with a sticker on. ;)
It dont sound to bad. Looking to put a carbon fibre can on at some point.
Would love a dual can set up, but they are a) expensive and b) rare.

Robb

Soldato
Ah, I know exactly how your bike sounds then, a friend of mine has an RVF with an ART on it :)

I have seen this muc off stuff, a mate used it yesterday to wash his bandit after it hasnt been cleaned for 4 weeks at this time of year! The mud just fell off, is it cheap to buy?

Associate
OP
lukechad said:
I have seen this muc off stuff, a mate used it yesterday to wash his bandit after it hasnt been cleaned for 4 weeks at this time of year! The mud just fell off, is it cheap to buy?

I buy the 5ltr bottles from local mountainbike shop then just top up the squeezy-spray bottle when im cleaning the bike.
Not overly expensive, £18 for 5ltrs doing a quick google.

Robb

Associate
OP
lukechad said:
Cheers mate, is it alright to get it on brake disks etc, it wont make the brakes weak if it gets on them? After seeing how easy it made my mates cleaning I am going to get myself some.

naw, used to liberaly spray the front wheel to clean all the cack and brake dust, same with the calipers. Just sprayed lots of water on to clean it off. Just hose pipe pressure though, didnt use a power washer on it. Brings it up nicely when you dry it with a chamois cloth.
When i was commuting every day would clean the bike every weekend with muc-off during the winter, kept it the Firestorm looking good. Works wonders on wheels where you get the drips from the chain oiler.

How is the CBR by the way?

Robb

Soldato
The CBR is good, so glad I went for it over an SV, I just cant wait for the summer now, I have this weekend off so fingers crossed I will be off to matlock with it on sunday for the first time :)

Unfortunately I am already getting used to the power from the bike but as it stands it still hasnt gone above 12,000 rpm in any gear, doesnt redline until 13,500, but god damn is loud when you open her up a bit, even with the standard system on it :) Got the chicken strips to 0 after some comments when I posted a photo of it on here when I first got it :)

Back
Top Bottom