h/u knicked from my car last night

Associate
to cut a long story short becouse icba, lol car wasent running right lastnight so i parked it further up the drive right next to my door so i could see from the light, so the cars basicly right on my doorstep.
i locked it all up and went to bed at about 1 oclock.
i came to it this afternoon and saw the door was open, i couldent beleive it i looked straight away to see if the h/u was there and it was gone:( they had bent the door back (will get pics if someone wants to host them if u want them lol) but that is all they took, the h/u and the remote, wich was in the drivers door pocket in amongts all my cds, they knew it was there i am certain its someone i know. all the change (including pound coins) is still there in the middle pot all the cds are still there. and nothing else has gone i am absolutley shocked its normally a verry safe place hear i have left my car unlocked with no trouble before and this is the first time in 2 years of driving i have had anything stolen from my car. i dont beelive it was an opertunist, the car is right up the drive. it doesent stand out its a completley standard 1.2 5 door corsa. there was no other ice just standard speakers. i am so anoyed and can feel it inside of me really wanting to hurt someone i wish i was as lucky as vtecman that cought his guys.

really **** off as you can imagine, is there any ppoint goign to the police?

Dan

Associate
Unlucky mate.
My last headunit was a Sony CDX-M800 (the one before yours) and the reason i got rid of it was because you couldnt take the front facia off.

Associate
OP
yeah thats the thing that anoyed me most my brother sold his for the same reason, i thought my car blended in enough for it not to be a problem. i was so badly mistaken.:(

Associate
Thats a real bummer :( I remember how gutted I was having my HU and changer nicked !

I always assumed most HU had detachable faceplates but then I am not really that into car audio any more .

Associate
Is that a bus stop across the road? Chavs may have got bored waiting for the bus, and decided it may be fun to go theft somebody's radio.

Sorry about your head unit mate, is the head unit covered by insurance?

Associate
OP
mum sugested to try insurance but i am unsure, worth a try i supose but not worth loosing no claims over. it was after 1 in the morning becouse thats when i locked the car, and i doupt it was this afternoon but i dident go out to the car untill late, when i posted this thread.

Associate
I dont quite understand why people leave their head units in their car :/

Where I live it pays to may a point of keeping it visible in my hand as I'm walking back to my house (terrace). Leave my cubby holes open etc aswell.

Car windows are always getting smashed. Gutters are permanetly littered with glass shards. Yet its always because people left something in view and/or have week unsecure old cars.

Man of Honour
Cybershot said:
Hmm, I have a CDX-M630 which doesn't have a removable fascia either... would really like one that does :/

Sorry to hear about the break-in minidan. How badly bent is the door? You can upload some pics using Imageshack.

My Sony CDX-M670 had a removable fascia.

Then it.. just died..

Associate
OP
thats what i thought zain but there is reason enough to go and report it, i dont expect it back but they need to know.

trickle so many times i have left my car door unlocked even down by accident and nothing happens its not a high crime area at all (there is an estate behind me that is relitivley high but it rarley spills out hear) i used to take it out all the time in the nova but after 4 months of it the c onection wasent as tight as it used to be so i wasent to happy about doing it. even if the front came off they would have still broken in and tried to find it becouse so many people put in in there glove box.

Dan

Soldato
The same thing happened to my old Corsa and my friends clio, its easy to fix the door though with your knee and brute force, it will be ok if they havent damaged the paint as they did with mine :(

Back
Top Bottom