lens rental

Associate
is there anywere online that rents lenses for a canon 20D
i would like to buy a lens but dont know what to get so would like to spend some time trying it before i buy and also depend how much i spend on my holiday (off to see mickey mouse in florida :D )so after i brought the compulsory 10 Tshirts,10 pairs of jeans and 4 pairs off trainners i will have to see what money is left
what would your recommendations i have a sigma 18-125 f3.5-5.6 dc
as it will be used by hand i think i will need IS
i was looking at the canon EF70-300mm f4-5.6 IS USM
paul

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
paulski915 said:
what type of lenses can you rent then and who from
paul

Typically you will only be able to rent professional lenses so L, EX and such.

As to where from we cant say as the only one I know of is a competitor.

Soldato
I was planning on hiring a Canon 100-400L last year (for the BGP) and it was going to cost me about £150 for the week iirc. I instead bought the lens, however this year Im thinking about hiring a Canon 500mmF4L Prime and at the moment buying that outright isnt an option, im however struggling to find somewhere to hire it from. Anyone one know of a hire centre online or North West Based that has it in for hire.

Soldato
DreederOcUK said:
I was planning on hiring a Canon 100-400L last year (for the BGP) and it was going to cost me about £150 for the week iirc. I instead bought the lens, however this year Im thinking about hiring a Canon 500mmF4L Prime and at the moment buying that outright isnt an option, im however struggling to find somewhere to hire it from. Anyone one know of a hire centre online or North West Based that has it in for hire.

dreeder I notice you also own the 17-85IS USM - I just wanted to know what you think of it, especially in terms of sharpness.

I have this as my only lens and range wise it is perfect for me, since I never feel like I need more than 85mm and the 17mm is perfect for all the architectural and landscape photography I do.

Some days I love it, some days I feel like I should be getting more sharpness for the money it cost

Associate
Psilonaught said:
dreeder I notice you also own the 17-85IS USM - I just wanted to know what you think of it, especially in terms of sharpness.

I have this as my only lens and range wise it is perfect for me, since I never feel like I need more than 85mm and the 17mm is perfect for all the architectural and landscape photography I do.

Some days I love it, some days I feel like I should be getting more sharpness for the money it cost

I have it also. TBH, it does seem a bit soft at the wide end but I find 24mm+ to be pretty good. Stopping down the aperture also helps

Soldato
Psilonaught said:

Ive found it a very good lens, and sharp enough throughout the range for me not too have any concern, the IS is very good. At the moment ive only been using it on my 300D and maybe that has hidden the sharpess issues slightly being only 6mp iirc, when I manage to get a 30D I will be using the 17-85 on my 20D and might see problems then.

Back
Top Bottom