PGR 3 disk cracked !

Soldato
Hello,

Just been playing Project Gotham Racing 3 in my 360 and noticed that it was making a different sound when loading.

It was loading everything fine just seemed to take a lot of effort to do so.

Not played PGR 3 in over 2 weeks but sure it dint make that sound before.

After finishing playing the game i eject the disk and check for any scratches or dust that could be causing the problem.

I am shocked to find a crack in the centre of the disk !

Its where the whole is in the middle and runs out into the disk for about 10mm

Could the 360's drive of done this ? the game has been in its case for the past 2 weeks on the bottom on the pile.

The game was playing fine but i am sure its going to cause a problem somewhere down the line :(

I brought the game second hand of the member market so i dont have a recipet.

Is there anyway i could get a replacement ? or an i going to have to buy it again ?

Thanks Ben

Soldato
Activision discs seem to be the most frequently cracking ones from my observations on other forums. Most of the time its the centre bit that's buggered and its very common.

I'd guess that the discs are being put through more strain then ever before and the cheap media that publishers are using, is beginning to feel the strain. I've taken to sticking all my game discs in jewel cases now because I hate the 'catch' mechanism that most dvd cases have, the 'zen' shaped ones are fine, its the other stiff one that is a pain. It's either the drives or the cases, or a combination of both - no one really knows.

My CoD2 one had 2 small cracks a month after I bought it, and I'm still waiting for a replacement on that :/ If you bought the game second hand, then effectively imo you're screwed. The publisher won't help you at all tbh as they don't condone lending games etc from what friends tell me who work in high street retail stores.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Still not got mine sorted out :(

Took it back to Game last week when I replaced the console and they weren't interested at all, practically said it was my own fault and doubted my word about the vertical/horizontal affair.

I miss PGR3, had some good times on that.

Soldato
I wouldn't put it back in your 360. My Quake3 disc (this was some time ago) had a small crack but I carried on using it and one day it completely shattered in the computer which meant a replacement game and DVD-drive.

Associate
The problem with the disc could be when taking it out of the case, I've noticed it bending and stressing a good bit when taking it out. That could be how it was cracked.

Associate
The discs do seem to come under a lot of stress when taking it out of a DVD box. I personally just put them all in a decent quality CD wallet, keeps it safe and saves a lot of room

Back
Top Bottom