Right its time i stopped bothering people!

Associate
... and bought some books! :rolleyes:

i am thinking i need one book to help me through the technical side of photography - i.e. to help me work out how to compose the best shots and hopefully a guide as to what test settings in order to do said above.

i also need a good (and fairly simple) book for photoshop CS for MAC so i can improve that side of things as i often feel i dont know what i am doing in editing images and wonder if i end up making them worse! :p

so can i put it to you to suggest two books to pick up in order to improve things? like i said i would appreciate beginner style teachings as i find it all overwhelming quite often (no billy red hat suggestions please!) but i dont want books that will not offer some kind of advanced learning after ive been properly broken in.

cheers hope you can help

SCM

SCM

Associate
undilutedethics said:
somone also recommended 'understanding exposure' is that a good one? which will provide me with more of a step-step learning guide?

thanks SDK ill check out those two

I found the best way is reading magazines, looking through DA at pictures i like and looking at the provided exif information when it is posted. Gives you an idea of what settings etc to get the effect in the picture.

SCM

Associate
undilutedethics said:
somone also recommended 'understanding exposure' is that a good one? which will provide me with more of a step-step learning guide?

It's not so much a step by step learning guide but it definitely points you in the right direction. Photography's not about doing everything by the book and 'understanding exposure' encourages you to think a bit more about each shot and why you're taking it. It doesent so much say 'this is the correct way to take this picture'. It's more like 'think about how you want the picture to look and when you have decided on that this is how you would do it'. It's a good buy and I'm still refering back to it.

Soldato
undilutedethics said:

By Bryan Peterson? Yup, thats a good book. Recommended by me :)

Back
Top Bottom