List your PGR3 improvements for PGR4

Soldato
Well after playing all the project gothem games going right back to Metropolis Street Racer i'm finding PGR3 no where near as good as previous incarnations.

What i missed and would like to see in PGR4 that was in earlier incarnations (if they do one - hopefully):

The radio channels that automix the music, and was region specific to the tracks/citys you played, on other versions but not PGR3,

More 1vs1 and actual street races, PGR3 seriously missed out here and concentrated more on solo achievements and less actual racing and not as good as previous titles,

Times of the day depending on locations, great feature that used real time for the tracks you played which included day,evening,dusk and nightime,

Difficulty level too easy needs tightening up

PGR 3 Niggles:
Car list that actually shows what cars you have brought when buying new cars, some sort of symbol to show you have brought it.

Medal screens for each race on one menu, annoying when you do a gold and platinum and it shows gold on main menu, why couldn't they show a small medal symbol for each race on that screen so you know what you got instantly.

its still a good game but they could have included so much more and hopefully all these features will be back, what do you think?

Soldato
Implementing anti-aliasing

MSR type feature where you had differring weather conditions, and the tracks would be night or day depending on your time zone.

More lower end cars rather than the obscure supercars you get in PGR3 that nobody really cares about (well I didnt anyway)

Soldato
I agree that there should be the Time of day feature and weather changes... Other than that I really enjoy PGR3 probably more so than I did PGR2 (although that's probably becuase I didn't have XBox Live when I had PGR2).

The radio stations on MSR (possibly MSR 2) were a lot better than the tracks that are in PGR3 but that's just my opinion

Soldato
More tracks! There were bugger all in PGR3.

Metropolis street racer had loads of different varying tracks whereas PGR3 seems to have just four main areas with very limited tracks on each. This was the main reason I part ex'd it for COD2. Once I have played it for a bit it got too repetative.

Ooo and just a small niggle if you are going to all the trouble in rendering the cars properly please make sure you actually add the SLR's air brake. GT4 done it properly why can't PGR3.

Also agree with Nsimo - A greater diverse selection of cars with less emphasis on super cars.

EDIT: Another thing - The ability to tune your car. Adjust all the little settings that can really make the difference.

Soldato
oweneades said:
More tracks! There were bugger all in PGR3.

Have you seen the route creator? ;)

Dont agree with car setups, that not what PGR is about and can stay with GT/Forza etc.

Soldato
maybe change the looks of each car? wheels/bodykits/colouring (if poss)
as said the weather (where is it :confused:)
also have it so you know what cars you've already bought :p

Soldato
Thesnipergecko said:
Just extending on the time of day and weather idea's why not have some connection to weather.com and have Live time of day and weather forcasts for whichever country your racing in.

Paul ...

That would be awesome, and make a great feature in a lot of other games as well.

Starts raining outside, starts raining in-game :)

Soldato
Nismo said:
That would be awesome, and make a great feature in a lot of other games as well.

Starts raining outside, starts raining in-game :)

I dont see any reason why it shouldnt be included? Just need the option Live Weather: Enabled

If your connected to live it gets the local time and weather. Should be simple enough to implement.

Paul ...

Soldato
Thesnipergecko said:
I dont see any reason why it shouldnt be included? Just need the option Live Weather: Enabled

If your connected to live it gets the local time and weather. Should be simple enough to implement.

Paul ...
not really, as you'd have say a tornado in florida so you can hardly put a tornado in-game ;)
biggest issue is the xbox live interpreting the weather, sometimes it may be spitting outside so it lashes down with rain in-game. another thing is snow, how can you have snow on a track in london? its hard to do but if it was done it'd be a world first and a important feature.

Soldato
Thesnipergecko said:

Paul ...

So long as there was an option to disable it, I live in Northern Ireland, I'd be constantly playing on wet tracks :(

Soldato
Cuchulain said:
So long as there was an option to disable it, I live in Northern Ireland, I'd be constantly playing on wet tracks :(
:p
maybe have an option to change your area? perhaps sunny florida during winter and maybe move to spain during summer for some nice sun ;)

Caporegime
60fps
better AI
no bumpercars
laptime counter
emphasis on skill not chosen car
longer races
less tedious campaign mode

there's more, im sure.

Back
Top Bottom