barton overclocks :)

Associate
just got an xp-m, a good un, waiting on board tho so to tied me over i thought id start a barton oc thread (a change from all these bloody opty's lol)

post what you got and how you got i there (or even had it :eek: )

pi times would be nice, cant wait fro mine to get going :(

Soldato
with my old AQYHA 2500-m (that had a chipped core from the previous owner!) i got it to 2.6 (200x13) with 2v vcore in my old SN45G shuttle with air cooling. was using a 120mm fan at the time that was on full lol but it was stable

shuttle mobo didnt like FSB even with the gskill LE bought and vdimm mods. think the max i could get it was 225 before it became horribly unstable. but then i couldnt get the multi past 10 before it crapped out

id like another xp-m :) their crackin cpu's

ooo, quick edit: just remembered i managed to get 235 FSB at one point. do the L12 mod and you'll get your FSB higher. it then defaults the cpu to 200fsb instead of 133

Last edited:
Associate
hi,
i know its not a barton but its close enough,

1700+ throughbred B
had it since new, ran it at [email protected] for 12 months in my ASUS A7V333 before i mauled it.
its now in an Abit NF7 V2 running at [email protected] with a Thermalright SP-97 and 1gb of Mushkin Blueline (which wont do its rated timings)

superPi times of 44 secs

ocuk.JPG

doesnt like anything over 200fsb either :(

boots at 2.6ghz, but needs 1.85v and the psu struggles like a something that rhymes with shunt. (cheapo EYE-T 550w)

Associate
LavaMonkey said:
Even my board is holding me back, i can't get any higher then 202 fsb on my MSI Delta2 Platinum.

how come your board can only go to 202 fsb?? I have a MSI Delta2-fsr which is only slightly different then the platinum and the pre-sets are 133, 166, 200 and 202 but you can stick it on manual and go a lot higher.

Soldato
Had a 2600-m; at its peak it was running at 2650 on water. Now sold to a mate and running 12x200 on 1.7v with a Thermaltake SilentBoost in an Epox 8RDA6+ Pro.

I sold it rather than my XP1700B because I love being able to brag about a 64% overclock :D

Soldato
Long live the mighty XP-m's! The great little chip that goes on giving! Both mine (T'bred B and XP-M ) are on WeeScott's page (cheers dude - but you have to give me a heads up if anyone beats me - that little beauty's got one more run of death in it - I'm sure of it!)

Soldato
:D Cavemanoc - There he goes - harping on about his sturdy ol XP-m. Hasent even changed his sig to show he's gone to the dark side of 64bit, and not only that but dual core!! :eek:

Got 2 xp-ms, both on NF7s v2, get them to 2400 no probs with temps maxing at 48 (air). Think its my ram holding me back as its back to the retro days of dividers being bad! Cant seem to push them anymore and dont want to splash out on better kit for the old beasts!

Will have another play (not too much as both machines play BF2 quite nicely)

GL with yours - Caveman is a good resource as he loved his toooo much! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom