First 5.1 sound system.

Associate
Hi, I'm looking for a 5.1 sound system on a £200 budget but I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to them, I want it for my xbox360, Sky TV, LG 32LX2R and maybe my PC. I have been looking at these,

PANASONIC SCHT530
Philips HTS-3500
samsung ht-up 30
SONY DAVDZ300

Are any of these any good and will I beable to connect the things I want to them for the 5.1 sound?.

Soldato
If they are the all those all in one things you'll likely find that they have limited inputs for you to connect stuff to, ie your sky and your xbox alone will want 2 optical ins

Associate
OP
Well my PC is connected via DVI my sky is using scart and my xbox 360 is connected using Component, so how would I go about geting those connected to a 5.1 system? , i'm not to bothered about my PC though because I already have 5.1 headphones.

Thanks for the help.

Soldato
ionk12 said:
Well my PC is connected via DVI my sky is using scart and my xbox 360 is connected using Component, so how would I go about geting those connected to a 5.1 system? , i'm not to bothered about my PC though because I already have 5.1 headphones.

Thanks for the help.

Those are your video links, you'll leave all those alone and put in additional optical connections from the equipment to the surround sound reciever.

PC - Optical/ coaxial S/PDIF
Sky - stereo RCA link (unless its Sky+ where you'll get an optical)
X360 - Optical

MB

Associate
OP
Well it seems not a sinlge one of those listen has optical inputs :( , don't suppose you have any suggestions for about £200 it doesn't need to have a dvd player either.

Soldato
The best at present with Progressive scan and close to your budget is... Panasonic SCHT 880
Pioneer DCS333
Philips HTS3500S/05

Youll find great prices on these with some price searching though @ £200 only expect a single optical. You can buy optical swich boxes later for more connectivity if desired.

I bought a Sony DAV-DZ 700 before Christmas for the livingroom to match my HDTV and for an all in one its very good but will cost a little more approx £350 however well worth it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom