New Sub

Soldato
Picked up a new toy yesterday!

A Gale3090 - yes i know its a cheapo one but money is needed
for the wedding funds, well actually maybe not anymore ;)

It lasted all of 30 seconds where i wanted it, its now been banished to
my computer / play room :(

Do women have no idea what bass means to a man?

I mean its not even that big only 45*45*45 cms.,
bloody women huh!

Rant over - but it does sound very nice :D

Andy

Soldato
I had a similar discussion with my girlfriend when I bought a Rel Q210E (I think that is what it was). She pointed out that it took up too much space and that the bass was up too high. I pointed out that it was my house and that the sub would be staying exactly where it was.

Soldato
LOL.
Had similar with mine MS sub and the missus. Stuck it under her coffee table in the end which meant it took up no space at all ;)
Now been banished to my PC room upstairs along with the rest of my amp and speakers. Not a bad thing really TBH.

Associate
burbleflop said:
I pointed out that it was my house and that the sub would be staying exactly where it was.

.....good to see the correct response to the sub v gilfriend/ wife issue.

burbleflop you should be congratulated.....mods award him man of honour :)

Soldato
Pah, call that a sub woofer............. this is a subwoofer! :p

The MX-150THX cabinet dimensions are 23" high by 15 1/4" wide by 19 5/8" deep. It weighs 74 lbs (thats 5.2 STONE!!!!!). :D

Collecting tonight :cool:

mx105-125-150-200-350_250x345.jpg

Soldato
OP
LOL reminds me of Croc Dundee, call that a knife ;)

Well just give mine a little break in and the desk its under is shaking :)

Grrr i love bass!!!

Andy

Soldato
ack, glad ive not got anyone to complain about my sub! not quite as big as matblacks, but certainly would be big enough to annoy some of the ladies mentioned in this thread:

paradigm_in_my_room.jpg

But turned the other way it does look quite subtle, at first I thought it was a coffee table when i walked into the person who i bought it froms house :D

PS_1000_v4_s.jpg

Measures in at 16-3/4 inches tall, 15-1/4 inches wide and 20-1/2 inches deep, weighs 56lbs which is only 4 stone.

Tom.

Last edited:
Associate
the word overkill comes to mind when u start seeing things that look like coffe tables in your house no wonder the women go mad lol or even the neighbours

cant say im not jealous though just i live in a house where the misses in charge let me just remove the thumb print from my head :)

Soldato
ToLearn said:
the word overkill comes to mind when u start seeing things that look like coffe tables in your house no wonder the women go mad lol or even the neighbours

cant say im not jealous though just i live in a house where the misses in charge let me just remove the thumb print from my head :)

yea it is overkill but i got it for a good price, and i know there is always more power there should i need / want it. Looking at smaller subs like the ms308 and they are just too easy to port at moderate volumes with decent basslines.

Tom.

Soldato
OP
Looks like we might have a comprimise.

Going to see if i can get a coffee table that will sit over the sub,
then i can have it in the front room :)

So far im well impressed with the bass from it, almost like being sat
in one of our demo cars - just missing the other 3 12" drivers :D

Andy

Soldato
ToLearn said:

Thing is, for me it isn't really overkill.

To run a sub at its bext like any other amp it needs to be doing its stuff will within the tolerance of the amp, thats why on the M&K the reference setting it only at 50% of max giving the amp lots of headroom and not makeing it work as hard as it can. The other issue is that its very hard to get deep notes without cab size as the American's would say there is no replacement for displacement which in this case is pretty much spot on. Also in my case its a dedicated AV room which is quite empty and hence takes some filling.

To the OP, I think you are going the right way, I had a coffee table over my old KEF and my father in law has done the same thing, completely hides in and you can put a sub pretty much anywhere without losing the effect :)

MB

Back
Top Bottom