Is F.E.A.R the type of game for me?!?!?!?!

Soldato
Energize said:
The game is boring, I completed the game when I was 15, not scary at all so stop going on about age restrictions even doom 3 was better than this game. So boring I almost died. The demo made me buy it because it had good combat, but I soon regretted it, dont buy it. Almost every level is the same thing.

who cares energize? really? not that i believe the game should have been an 18, but it is so your in no position to rant and rave about it.

Soldato
fozzybear said:
If you're only 14 then you shouldn't be playing it in the first place. FEAR is a certificate 18 game and anyone underage who plays it will grow into a psychological madman.

So, no, don't buy it. ;)

He can't be 14. Look at this: He can spell.

dave2k2005 said:
Hey guys,
I recently downloaded the FEAR demo and i've only played up to those big guys.I got a little fright when i saw the little girl run past me, but I want to know is FEAR the game for me? I like stealthy games and run and gun, but I don't really like scary or psychological horror(only 14) If theres the odd scare, then I don't really mind, but if it is mostly a scary game then I wont get it. Is it one of those games where the horror sticks in your head? I really love the gun fighting, but dont really enjoy the scary moments.
thank you
dave

Caporegime
james.miller said:
who cares energize? really? not that i believe the game should have been an 18, but it is so your in no position to rant and rave about it.

What are you talking about, who really cares about what, the age restriction? Everyone is entitled to their opinion about the game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Energize said:
The game is boring, I completed the game when I was 15, not scary at all so stop going on about age restrictions even doom 3 was better than this game. So boring I almost died. The demo made me buy it because it had good combat, but I soon regretted it, dont buy it. Almost every level is the same thing.

Agree ^^

The demo is the game just a little shorter. A glorified tech demo that just goes on and on.

Get it when your 18 and at 99p.

Soldato
Fear was the most over hyped, dull bit of tripe I have ever had the mis fortune of playing.

Not only was it dull but it was so poorly coded my old system (4000+ / dual 7800GTX's) couldn't even give me a playable frame rate.

Up close it doesn't look very good either. (dull flat textures, bad models on some objects, every soldier looks alike)

The only good bit is that the enemies seem to have decent albeit scripted AI. (Ie its fun the first time but when you die and the level is reloaded you know exactly what is going to happen).

Game currently have it for £14.99 but I still think that is too much

If you want a game that looks good, has decent AI and a good story with lots of varied action get Riddick.

Associate
Dull??! This game gave me cause to (almost) soil myself on numerous occasions. It was great.

P.s. I mean the game was great - not soiling myself.

Soldato
i liked the game.. the story was cool.. the action was cool... and it made me jump a few times.. but isn't all that scary .... although little dead girls scare the hell out of me so i did have to chill out a couple of times :D

Associate
game was an excellent shooter with class AI and weapons. The litle girl thing doesnt pop up much and when she does she just walks off into the distance, bit pointless all that, after a few times ya just forget about her and get stuck into the shootouts.

Some of the settings get a bit repetitive, but the action is so much fun it doesn't matter. One of the best FPS games ever I think, so another words, yup get it :)

Associate
I didn’t think the graphics were all that, and I thought it was very poorly optimised, runs fairly sluggish even on higher spec machines. Having said that I did play through it and did enjoy it.

Associate
oweneades said:
Not only was it dull but it was so poorly coded my old system (4000+ / dual 7800GTX's) couldn't even give me a playable frame rate.

how does that not run it when my 4000+ and dual 6600gt's plays it fine

Soldato
richyfingers said:
I didn’t think the graphics were all that, and I thought it was very poorly optimised, runs fairly sluggish even on higher spec machines. Having said that I did play through it and did enjoy it.

graphics not all that? looks superb maxed out at 1680x1050 dude!

Soldato
oooooooh burrn :D

the graphics are very nice... ragdolls goes a bit crazy from time to time but that happens in all games with fancy physics ...

and slow mo shotguns are at least as good as slow mo nail gun .. although i did nail a guy under the jaw once and he stuck to the roof ... which was awsome :D

Back
Top Bottom