Help with iPod video and iTunes please.

Associate
Hey guys. I'm in a bit of a pickle here.

I'm trying to get some videos onto my 30GB iPod video.

At the moment I have 6 on there but iTunes won't let me add anymore into my video library on there. :confused: It was working a few days ago when I got it but then it just randomly stopped working for no reason what so ever. :(

I've been doing it exactly the same way that I was doing it before and it's still not working.

Anything you can suggest?

Cheers for any help. :)

Soldato
How is it not letting you add videos? Does it come up with an error message or anything?

Have you tried simply adding the files to your library (File -> Add file to library, or Ctrl+O), then dragging the videos across to your iPod in the left-hand sidebar? Providing the videos are in the correct format, you should have no problems transferring them via that method :)

Associate
OP
They just don't show up in iTunes.

Sometimes when I pulg the iPod in I get a message saying:

"The iPod "Lees iPod" cannot be updated. The disk could not be read from or written to."
Yet when I add more music to my iTunes library and plug my iPod in it updates just fine? :confused:

Do I have a ****** iPod? :(

Associate
OP
Cheers for that. I'll try what it says now. :)

I've updated the iPod too, from version 1.0 to 1.1. Now I can actually get photos on there which is promising. :D

Still having the video problem though. :(

Soldato
I got a new 30GB ipod video as a thank you off my employer and sold my old ipod. TBH I have had this problem a few times now, and others. Totally sick of this ipod and am considering swapping it for something else now. I have heard of a few others with problems with the latest ipods as well.

Soldato
FordPrefect said:
I got a new 30GB ipod video as a thank you off my employer and sold my old ipod.
Who do you work for? Sounds good if they give you pressies. :p

I recommend ignoring iTunes for the video aspect, use Videora to convert, then put them into iTunes.

Back
Top Bottom