first taste of PGR3 online career...

Associate
Completed all the Gold trophies last night so thought I'd give Online Career a go. Didn't really know what to expect.

I thought I'd try my hand at duelling, sounded fun, bit of one on one :)

Got into a lobby and someone was already there, he said good luck and so did I, thought to myself 'this is going to be a nice clean but good race'.

Off we went, he was using a TVR Sagaris which was faster than my Maranello. I couldn't see the TVR on my list of cars to choose from, weird.

Anyway, we started and I was in front by the last corner of the first lap, we were coming up to the start/finish line and he started overtaking me. I looked over and all of a sudden he came swooping into my side and tried to take me out. It didn't do much so I just laughed down the mic. thinking he was just being playful or maybe lost control. Needless to say he quickly gained the lead and started pulling away from me.

2nd lap half way through, I took a corner better than him and was faster coming out of it, I went to overtake and he tried to block me off but wasn't quick enough and the back of his car touched the front of mine. Now, given that he was moving quite quickly sideways and I wasn't you can guess what happened. Next thing I know I'm looking at the side of his car and I'm pushing him along lol. Could see the driver and everything hahaha!

He ended up doing a 180 and facing the other direction. At that point he then started to abuse me verbally branding me a cheat and how 'there was no need for that' and 'you're really sad for doing that'.

I told him he barged me on the first lap and he said 'but you didn't spin out did you'. WTF? that makes it ok does it? I managed to keep control of my car and I didn't block you from overtaking. YOU DID!!

We finished the race and I won. I then checked my rep and noticed I had an unsporting mark. Thanks very much chump.

I told him he'd better get used to people barging and not to cry over it as it was only a game lol. I found it very amusing to say the least.

rant over :)

Associate
OP
I'm not gonna let it bother me to be honest. Would be good to see how high I can get in the leagues with all those stupid drivers about lol.

Also tried a Breakneck race and there were 6 ferraris and 1 Skyline. He pitted me into the walls on the straight and then did it to someone else straight after. We both ganged up on him though and both shunted him into the wall at the next corner hahaha! He came last.

Associate
I've nearly broken my controller I get so stressed with idiots on online career :)

It's incredible when you get a good race, but almost every time I get binned into the wall by a muppet :(

I'm hoping that as my ranking improves, I should encounter less shunters?

Soldato
Firestar_3x said:
Welcome to the reason i don't play on-line carear no more....

Whats your league position mate? I noticed on friends list you're topping the online rankings. I'm 3rd (league 6) and wondered how much further I need to get to beat you :D

As for online career, its great! Sure theres some shunting about but you soon learn when and where it will happen. Most of its just newbie driving and deliberate spin offs arent atually that common (about 1 in 5 races I'd say). Its great when you get a race of 5 or more contenders - you tend to get cleaner races with littel room for error.

Back
Top Bottom