New Civic

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Had a look at the new Civic up close whilst at the boat show today.
Can't say I like the exterior, bit of a mess IMO.
Inside is a LOT more interesting. The dashboard is completely wild and definitely very Space 1999 (I mean that in a good way). Never seen a steering wheel with some many controls on it. So gets the thumbs up from me on the inside, just for being seriously cool.

Soldato
Aye dont like the exterior that much at all, its a bit marmite but the interior is pretty good and quite well thought out. My brother traded in his 2.2 Accord Vtec for the diesel version of the Civic.

Soldato
I got sent a big brochure on the new Civic a couple of weeks back (must have signed up for something at some point.) It seems pretty interesting - may go and have a test drive of one, although at nearly £19K for the 2.2 Diesel EX it's a bit pricey.

Neb

Neb

Associate
Lol, I'm the opposite, I love the exterior, but the interior really put a big lump of coal in my love for this car. I don't like the felty material on the seats and doors, it feels too mass produced inside, and there are some cheap plastics painted silver. I felt really small in the car as well, sort of looking up to the dash and outside (even though I am not small.)

The cool dials thing is completly ruined by a dodgy polygon perspex shape covering it, it would have been better to have a curved shape around it or something.

I do however really like the seats. I sat in the car for 30 minutes and kept on coming back to how comfortable and supportive they are, including the back ones.

Soldato
I think there have been recalls already over the interior. only minor things though.

Looks like the Type R is gonna be over £20k so i think i'll stick with my EP3 or upgrade to a DC5/S2000 next.

Associate
I looked at 1 in a honda showroom, i liked both the inside and outside, i didnt like the £17500 price tag though, and the Es model has a silly glass roof the lowers the roof line inside by 2 "

Soldato
I've just got one of these as a courtesy car this morning.

Quite impressed - lots of gadget inside, yes the felt material sucks and I can see parts of the dash getting scratched in no time at all. Lovely overall feel though - solid, quiet, great ride, lots of gadgets, mine's got a full glass roof too which is too cool for school.

Steering freaked me out - it's beyond razor sharp, speed sensitive I think because it seemed to soften up a bit, over 50mph. First Honda I've driven that has a turning circle < that of a ocean liner.

Can't see a fat lot out the back because of the shape and spoiler thingy but I'm used to that. No reversing sensor though which I thought was a bit daft.

I'm not actually sure which engine I got in this one, but it pulls well with no fuss at all, nasty habit of still reving though once you come off the gas and change gear.

Oh yeah - I swear the boot is the tardis, it just HUGE.

Caporegime
Went to the Honda dealer last weekend, totally love the exterior but the interior leaves something to be desired, its a sea of black and blue plastic, looks like a spaceship and certainly not a dash I could look at for very long.

Permabanned
test drove one when looking at cars a few weeks ago, the rear vision is rubbish, your passengers have no room in the back, and its a nightmare to reverse into anything, the dash would give you a headache in the dark
I must say I wasnt impressed for that kind of money

the exhausts look cool though

Soldato
Not seen too many of them. Had a quick look at one at the Honda dealer the other day when I was up there, but I was a bit on then fence with the exterior looks.

Wasn't so sure about the back really. Looks a bit fat, but the exhausts were cool. It's not as much of a turn off as the Nissan Primera though, so hopefully it won't damage Honda sales too much, but I wouldn't swap my Honda Accord Sport for one though.

Gotta say though, I did prefer the previous civic better though.

Back
Top Bottom