Gonna pick myself up a new(ish) bike next Sunday

Soldato
I've been thinking about trading in or selling my gsxr6 (99 model) for a couple of years now and have finally decided to do the business and get myself a new machine for the summer.

This little beauty is what I have my heart set on .....
torn024se.jpg

It's not the best pic as it doesn't show of the colour or the angle of the bike to it's best quality, but I've always liked them.
It only has 600 or so miles on the clock with 17 months warrenty still left on it. I'm just going to have to figure out how much my insurance is going to set me back for this :(

Roll on the summer :D :D

Soldato
OP
Freefaller said:
Ohhh a Benelli Tornado TRE900. Nice! :cool:

Heavy bugger though!

At nearly 200kg it's not the lightest of bikes I know, but it's the styling and the power delivery of this bike that swings it for me.
Hopefully I shouldn't notice too much of a change in weight from my gsxr :confused: ;)

Man of Honour
Yeah it's got a pretty flat torque curvey I believe. Nice 3cylinder engine too I blieve. Looks awesome I don't think there are that many about either! Hopefully you can bring it to the bikers meet if and when we get one organised! :D

Soldato
OP
lukechad said:
Very nice, who needs the summer to enjoy 2 wheels though :/ :D

That's true Luke (Oh, before I forget ... congrats on the new bike, very nice mate ;) ), however, I've had more than my share of sideways action on greasy and damp roads to last me a lifetime (still, it's a nice feeling when you get to keep it on the black stuff) so I'll be sticking to hot and sunny weather and the occasional track day to keep the demons at bay ;)
I'm a late braker, so that doesn't help when the roads are a wee bit slippy :eek:

Soldato
OP
Shoei said:
Very nice.
Saw one of these at Rossendale bike show last year. Ddint realise how tall it was compared to other bikes.

Robb

I had my eye on a couple of dukes as well shoei but I've always found them a little bit on the wee side. I was glad to see that this wasn't the case with the Benelli tho ;)

Soldato
A friend of mine has a Tornado, it's great out on the open roads but I found it really heavy through town. It didn't take long before my wrists were getting a bit sore.

BTW, if a bikers meet gets arranged, I'll be there.

I miss riding my bike :( Work keeps me away from home far, far too much. I think my brother has put mroe miles on my Fireblade than I have in the last year.

Soldato
OP
Aliboy said:
I'm just going to have to figure out how much my insurance is going to set me back for this :(

Well I've just had a quote from my insurance company and it is £580 fully comp with a whopping £600 excess :eek:

Ye gods :eek:

All I need to try and do now is figure out how I am going to get down to Wales to pick it up. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom