Zalman Aero Flower on a a8n32???

Associate
I was just about to buy one, as comp sounds like an apache, but thought i'd better ask...

Will a: Zalman CNPS9500-LED Aero Flower (Socket 939/754/478/775) CPU Cooler (HS-015-ZA) fit onto a ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe, as i've heard that it's huge

Soldato
Lot smaller than a Thermalright XP90 or Zalman 7000/7700 series. Checked the measurements on zalmans website: 85(L) x 112(W) x 125(H) all Cm.

Fits perfectly on an Asus P5WD2-Premium. Your mobo is very similar so should be fine.

Associate
Tarty said:
Found the same info at the exact same time :)

Just to let you know it will work as I have this set up. Be sure to use plenty of thermal paste during installation as i discovered the copper plate on the bottom of the heatsink isn't perfectly flat and causes high temps as a result; mine was sometimes hitting 61 degrees under load which was frightening to say the least. :eek: I recently took off the Zalman and refitted it with more thermal paste and it only gets up to around 46 degrees under heavy load now... :D

Regards

Peter

Associate
:)
On a similar note, I have found that my old XP120 wont fit on the Asus A8N32
as the new cooling pipe get in the way (alto TR Website says it will even though some touching of h/s and cooler pipe but neither affected by it).
I am currently using the stock Fx57 cooler - but was looking for a more efficient Air Cooling solution.
From reading up, it seems the Scythe Ninja seems to be a well regarded air cooling option but does anyone know if this will fit on this mobo with the optional 120mm fan fitted.
Looking at outlay of the mobo it looks as though I might have trouble in having fan on same side as the RAM Slots ?
Or would the Artic64 Pro be better as it seems smaller ?

Any input would be much apprec :D

Associate
blackbull said:
Whoa!! going right of topic but thats one hell of a system there XXXCorps looks Like you went into the shop and asked for the best of everything money no object.

Just between you and me; I had a house break in last October and although the system I had stolen was an absolute powerhouse, I was more than a little economical with the truth of the actual specs when discussing the claim with the loss adjuster!!! And, I also work for a software development company so was able to spec the parts at vastly reduced prices. Also, paying for everything is cash always ensures a good discount...

Thanks for the comments :D

On another note I swapped out the Asus A8N32 Deluxe yesterday and replaced with the Abit AN8 32x board; in part due to the temp problems and can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that Abit board absolutely wipes the floor with the Asus effort; seriously, no kidding, and this is from someone who until yesterday absolutely swore by any component with Asus stamped on it!!!

CPU temps at 31 degrees full load anyone...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom