Formula 1 Testing Silverstone 2006 (revised)

Soldato
OP
ashtray_head said:
You guys are brave going there this month!!!

Surely if the weather is soo bad there will hardly be any running
Yeah, there is definitely a risk of that. But who dares wins eh? :)

The 5 day forecast on the BBC doesnt yet cover Monday, but it appears to be brigtening up by Sunday.

/Me goes off to pray

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

Hoping we get some good shooting guys, hope the weather is better for you than it was for me last year anyway:

DSC01446.JPG

I have got some of just the snow down-poor going on, however these are on my laptop which I can't get hold of at the moment!

Associate
Gamefreak501 said:
I'm going to have to wrap up warm!

Does anyone know what kind of equipment I could use to keep my camera warm (so the batteries don't go flat too quick!)

Cheers!

You should be okay, I still managed to get 200+ pictures from my 7D on a single charge when I was at one of the evening openings at Kew and it was freezing. I reckon you'll be fine with your 5D; if you are that worried, in theory turning the AS will give you some extra life.

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

I blame the sunny weather in Bahrain because thats where they all are at the moment!!

That or Imola, which is just raining.

Associate
Joe T said:
Sorry about that mate :(

Hey mate, no need to say sorry, it's not your fault. I could actually go into work but I'm half tempted to keep the day off and go take some pictures somewhere else. Just got to think of somewhere to go. No point going into London as I'm going on the meet on the Saturday.

Associate
Normally the best session is the one four weeks before the British GP, as 7-8 teams show up (all the major teams). This year, they've shuffled things around, so I have no idea which test days are the best ones to go for.

It tends to be a fairly dodgy for photography (unless it's your first time) because from the limited access you get, you can't really get unique photos. Most peoples Silverstone (test day) photos might as well be carbon copies of each other, it's very hard to come up with something original. :(

Back
Top Bottom