Greatest mouse mat in the world ever?

Associate
I've done a little research of my own, but can't come to a conclusion. I've managed to at least find them all, so I'll list them here for people to comment on.

Steelpad series
---------------
SteelPad 4D?
Steelpad 3S?
Steelpad S&S?
Steelpad 4s?

Arrrr!!!

Icemat series
-------------
Black Icemat
Black Icemat 2

I've heard the heavyweights are the 'Black Icemat 2' vs 'Steelpad S&S', but recently I ran into another review that said the 'Steelpad 4S' is better than the Steelpad S&S, so now I'm really confused.

Soldato
Fancy mouse pads are a bit overrated. Don't get me wrong, I've used both a Ratpadz and my current Func Pad and they're great. But they all work just as well - it's not like one gives better "performance" than another. The only real difference is the "feel".....I prefer my Func Pad over the old Ratpadz because it's a bit smoother. The result is exactly the same tho :) So....pick the one that looks the coolest basically ;)

Associate
xbeanx3000 said:
I've done a little research of my own, but can't come to a conclusion. I've managed to at least find them all, so I'll list them here for people to comment on.

Steelpad series
---------------
SteelPad 4D?
Steelpad 3S?
Steelpad S&S?
Steelpad 4s?

Arrrr!!!

Icemat series
-------------
Black Icemat
Black Icemat 2

I've heard the heavyweights are the 'Black Icemat 2' vs 'Steelpad S&S', but recently I ran into another review that said the 'Steelpad 4S' is better than the Steelpad S&S, so now I'm really confused.

I just got the Logitech mouse and steelpad s&s combo and I'm really happy with it. I'd recommend it anyway :)

Associate
OP
Oh yeah, I forgot abaout the eXactmat!

I didn't mention the Ratpadz because they don't give much performace boost over a £5 one (in my experience).

I'll just have to hunt down a definitive roundup for a conclusion. Somewhere...

Last edited:
Soldato
Curio said:
Fancy mouse pads are a bit overrated. Don't get me wrong, I've used both a Ratpadz and my current Func Pad and they're great. But they all work just as well - it's not like one gives better "performance" than another. The only real difference is the "feel".....I prefer my Func Pad over the old Ratpadz because it's a bit smoother. The result is exactly the same tho :) So....pick the one that looks the coolest basically ;)

no no no no no! both ratpadz and the func1030 are complete tripe! I have one of each, not only are they far too small but they are grossly inaccurate when compared against the mighty steelpad s+s (the king of pads imo)

Associate
Ive got a Black Icemat 2 and its sits on my desk useless after the pads that came with the mouse wore out after a month, i just have the mouse on the desk in front of the keyboard. The noise and sensation of using it on the glass is horrible.

Associate
qpad vote for me. Soft underneath ** hand because they are made of cloth. Easy to clean. No mouse drag. No noise as mouse glides across it.

Nice mat imo

Associate
OP
Mark A said:
Its got to be the EYEPAD for me, best ive ever used, the mouse glides over it like silk.

Mark

Arg! So many personal experiences outside of my short list!

Does the Steelpad S&S glide like silk also?! And is it better than the Steelpad 4s?

I'll prolly go for either the '4s' or the 'S&S' version.

Soldato
trojan698 said:
no no no no no! both ratpadz and the func1030 are complete tripe! I have one of each, not only are they far too small but they are grossly inaccurate when compared against the mighty steelpad s+s (the king of pads imo)

Nonsense. My table cloth gives about as much accuracy as any pad, and the best pad I've ever used was the black plastic cover of a CD binder which I used for a while. And too small? What the hell are you doing with your mouse? I never run out of room!

Soldato
Tim said:
My SS was awful, I just use my desk surface now.
I couldnt do that, feels horrible, gritty and loud, a cloth mouse pad is smooth and quiet imo and pretty cheap. I think the EYEPAD is very similar to the titan cloth pads on ocuk but minus the fancy packaging and high price tag.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom