• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best PCI-E card for £150 inc VAT

Associate
Can any one give me an idea of the best PCI-E card for £150 inc VAT

Mainly playing flight and racing driving sims, and some strategy games, no shoot'em ups

What would you suggest?

Thanks

Associate
OP
Will my power supply be upto that, its only 300W?

It is an HP Pavilion a1210n that I picked up for a song, installed a further 1GB of memory, but nothing else so far....

Man of Honour
I'd check the rails of the PSU, maybe try something like Motherboard Monitor or look in the bios possibly and see how stable they are. I don't know for certain but I'd suspect that HP aren't the highest quality units.

Soldato
WillLack said:
Its an HP supplied unit so what does that tell me?
That tells you it is bad. My Fujitsu prebuilt came with the worst 300W PSU I've ever seen (Delta Electronics apparently). None of the OEM prebuilt computers come with good power supplies as they are profit driven consumer PC's. If they have included a good one, then I'd be very surprised.

Associate
In reality the card manuafacturer will spec the psu for a worst case load. Eg you may have 2 hard drives, 2 optical drives and god knows what else plugged in. If you dont have a lot inside your PC you may be safe with a lower rated psu assuming its of good quality

Back
Top Bottom