ripped my self off (sterro)

Associate
i got this of ebay, but i think i paid way to much for it have a look at the pics and see what you think

SONY MDX-M690 MINIDISC STEREO & CDX-646 10 DISC CHANGER

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

cost me £155 + 20 pp

you think i bidded to much?

Soldato
I'd have to say yes.

At the time the unit was released it was a decent bit of kit. These days you could have bought a decent unit that plays MP3 CD's for less than £175.

Although it depends if you have minidisc's to play.

Associate
OP
may do, may give it ago... may just give it to my girlfriend n she can put it in her car n me get my self a new bit of kit. think it will put me in the good books for 2 days!

Pug

Pug

Soldato
nah, i dont think you overpaid tbh... looking at new CD Changers and they're coming in at that.

And truthfully MP3 isnt for everybody - my bro is PC illiterate, and always prefers CD Changers as opposed to MP3, thats not to take into account the lower quality of sound offered by MP3.

nah, you've got a decent enough setup think, tho i know little about the H/U and Minidisc is pointless - but thats to me.

Soldato
someone once said ebay becomes like gambling at times. You get caught in the moment, and overpay.

I used ebay at one time, searching for cheap products etc.. Then I just closed it all down.. I know just buy direct from a shop. Avoids mistakes such as this..

You have paid a tad too much, but remember for next time.. Watch your bidding.. Chin up. Looks in good order, so just install it, and enjoy it.

Soldato
Just because of one buyer you can't write off eBay. I got all my ICE off there for about half retail and my most recent purchase was an FCUK shirt for £4, that's almost 90% off. If you're clever you can save loads.

Soldato
One More Solo said:
Just because of one buyer you can't write off eBay. I got all my ICE off there for about half retail and my most recent purchase was an FCUK shirt for £4, that's almost 90% off. If you're clever you can save loads.

No you're right.. Cheap products to be had. I don't fully trust the system though, and I've heard a lot of folks over paying, as the SIMPLY must have it..!! All comes down to will power. If the bidding becomes too much, then stop.

I now prefer to just shop online from a real shop, and have it next day for free postage mostly, or at cost postage. eBay sellers do rip off with their postage. They do this to try and cover the paypal charges...!!

All IMO. Many use ebay and get on great with the system. Some real seasoned ebay hunters out there, who really know how to catch a cheap product...

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I bought a Pioneer 8400 for 150 off ebay, not my cuppa tea so it's back on there now and already had someone offer me 150 to end the auction, which is tempting to get my money back as I've only had it a week!

Associate
OP
thanks for the head up lads, i may just put it back on ebay and see what happend but then i get all the silly ebay charges and paypal charges... some one all ways wants money!

Man of Honour
It's not what I would have got for the money but it's unfair to say you overpaid for it.

I had the M670 in the Xantia - the CD version of that unit. Looks quite nice.

Then it died.

Soldato
I wouldnt entertain an mp3 player in the car (compression and sound quality wise), saying that MD isnt the best. But in terms of sound you havent payed over the odds :).

Soldato
Mini Disc units aren't as easy to come across as CD so that needs to be taken into consideration.

IMO Mini Disk is a perfect format to use in car. I record my own compilations on CD but the discs soon get scratched up from throwing them into the centre console cubby hole, Mini discs are much more durable. Plus you can display all your track titles.

Soldato
I heard MP3's are the same as normal CD quality just with the parts the human ear cannot hear removed, hence no sound quality loss and a smaller file.

Defo get an MP3 player.

Associate
Tim said:
I heard MP3's are the same as normal CD quality just with the parts the human ear cannot hear removed, hence no sound quality loss and a smaller file.

Defo get an MP3 player.

cd's to me definatly sound more crisper.

Back
Top Bottom