Greatest mouse mat in the world ever?

Associate
QPAD hands down

i have had MANY mouse mats until I stick with the qpad. included some of those u mentioned. dont go with plastic, glass or metal...go for a cloth pad, qpad, everglide titan or even steelpad 5L and u wont regret it

Associate
Flexible 'Non Stick' Teflon Baking Sheet.
Ultra cheap, lasts for ever, does not wear your mouse feet at all!. perfect response etc etc etc, and I've tried various mouse mats all claiming to be the holy grail of mouse mats / pads. ALL were rubbish compared to the baking sheet.

Soldato
You've all got it wrong.

Can't fault my Icemat 2nd edition, it just loves my MX900! I'v tried teflon baking sheet, it was just unstable and creasable imo. The Icemat is just class.

I remember doing a descriptive review on it :cool:

Soldato
Ive tried a few mousepads and I always go back to this old cloth one ive had for years. I went into my local pc shop once and the guys working there were dumbfounded because i wanted a mouse pad lol they all assumed optical mice didnt need them anymore. I cant use a mouse unless its on pad of some sort, optical or otherwise

and whats all this teflon baking sheet stuff? can i get that from a kitchen ware shop.. might have a go with one :)

Associate
This teflon sheet, you can get from some supermarkets, usually about £3.

Its, basically a teflon coated tightly woven fibreglass sheet and is black with flecks in it.

It is flexible so needs sticking down, I find that Scotch magi tape (The stuff thats supposed to be invisible on paper) works best.

The sheet is 40cm x 34cm in size, so plenty big enough for mouse use.

You just lay it out flat, stick the corners down first with a piece of tape, then stick the edges down with 4 long pieces of tape.

Don't worry, the magi tape can be removed without leaving a trace.

This results in an slippery surface which tracks 100% as fast as you can move that mouse, and I have been using this for years playing Unreal Tournament.

Believe it or not, you can improve things a bit by sticking some teflon feet to your mouse, but with the added advantage that they don't wear out!.

Soldato
Just buy a desk mat from an office supplies retailer. Cost is under a tenner and is ideal for virtually any mouse plus they're usually several times the size of a typical mouse mat.

Back
Top Bottom