What is it with this forum, and thread de-railers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
I've seen quite a few threads, particulary in the last week, where people are posting stupid pictures totally irrelevant to the topic, or just posting them for the sake of it.

Example 1 - What is the point in posting a picture of a draughts board? All it did in this case, was temporarily derail the thread.

Example 2 - Never heard of email? All Piggymon need to have done was search for any post by Von Smallhausen, and look at their trust and/or profile.

And that's just in one thread. A rummage around GD, will reveal people posting stupid O RLY pictures, and such-like.

So come on...tell me...why do they/you do it? I'm dying to know.

No doubt this thread will become a breeding ground for such pictures. If so, then the doing so will only strengthen my point.

Soldato
basmic said:
No doubt this thread will become a breeding ground for such pictures. If so, then the doing so will only strengthen my point.

You dont make a definite statement of a point. You ask why they do it. So if they do bombard you with images, it wont mean anything except the barrage of internet trend images.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
wah, wah. what effect does it really have on you if a thread goes off topic? personally that's something i love about these forums. everyone is so chatty and friendly it's so easy to go off topic. other forums i'm a member of never go off topic with anything, and i think this is a pretty good basis for the community we've got here.

my 2p

Soldato
Sic said:
wah, wah. what effect does it really have on you if a thread goes off topic? personally that's something i love about these forums. everyone is so chatty and friendly it's so easy to go off topic. other forums i'm a member of never go off topic with anything, and i think this is a pretty good basis for the community we've got here.

my 2p
Hey Jasper, how's the non smoking going?

Soldato
I was thinking of having pizza for lunch but i can't decide between ham and pepperoni. Any ideas?

Edit: Seriously though, it does add a much more friendly atmosphere to the place. Whenever i'm chatting about something, it's always nice to go off on a tangent.

Permabanned
OP
Davey_Pitch said:
This is GD, threads often move away from the original topic at some point during the thread. I'd have thought you'd be used to it by now.
I am used to a light peppering of it, but recently the amount of derailments have suddenly spurted up - no doubt because of "the owl" pictures.
Sic said:

my 2p
I am the reader, and if I can't enjoy reading a thread because of an outburst of off-topic posts, then it affects me.

It's all very well everybody being "chatty and friendly". But I feel the derailments spoil that atmosphere.

Soldato
basmic said:
I am used to a light peppering of it, but recently the amount of derailments have suddenly spurted up - no doubt because of "the owl" pictures.I am the reader, and if I can't enjoy reading a thread because of an outburst of off-topic posts, then it affects me.

It's all very well everybody being "chatty and friendly". But I feel the derailments spoil that atmosphere.
But have you seen this really funny vid?

Oh it's a repost.

This morning you say.

:(

Permabanned
OP
I see everybody is having a laugh, at my expense. ;)
Basmic said:
Actually that should really be "No doubt this thread will become a breeding ground for such practices. If so, then the doing so will only strengthen my point."

Man of Honour
basmic said:
I am used to a light peppering of it, but recently the amount of derailments have suddenly spurted up - no doubt because of "the owl" pictures.

loly4iq_sized.jpg

:( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom