quick ebay question... dodgy buyer?

Soldato
put a new motorola razr v3i on ebay and a no-feedback guy from the philipines has won...

how do i make sure i get my money and nothing dodgy will happen?

Permabanned
Matblack said:
Use Paypal?

MB
Not sure how well that would work tbh, given Paypal's habit of siding with the buyer in almost every dispute. All the buyer has to do is claim they never received it, paypal do a chargeback and the OPs got no phone or cash. Indonesia is one of the areas known for scamming, are the Phillipines included in that?

Soldato
You should only really worry if the person says they're from Nigeria, and you receive an email like this:

MELLOW GREETINSG

I AM THE 5TH IN LINE TO THE THRONES OF THE KING OF NIGERIA. I HAVE BEEN TRUSTED WITH BUYING A GIFT FOR HIS 7TH SON THE PRINCE MUHAHAHAHAHBABABA UPON HIS HOMECOMING FROM HIS TOUR IN THE U.S. YOUR CRAPPY MOBILE 2ND HAND MOBILE OHONE WOULD BE AN IDEAL GIFT FOR HIS ROYALNESS AND I NEED VERY MUCH. I WILL SEND YOU A CHEQUE FOR 2000 £ MORE THAN IT'S WORTH, AND YOU SEND ME BACK THE DIFFERWENCE OK.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

Permabanned
I had a phillopino, buy one of my phones before using buy it now the only way to stop it is to make sure you tick immediate payment required, dont sell it its a scam, just neg him and move on

Soldato
Pixel said:
You should only really worry if the person says they're from Nigeria, and you receive an email like this:

MELLOW GREETINSG

I AM THE 5TH IN LINE TO THE THRONES OF THE KING OF NIGERIA. I HAVE BEEN TRUSTED WITH BUYING A GIFT FOR HIS 7TH SON THE PRINCE MUHAHAHAHAHBABABA UPON HIS HOMECOMING FROM HIS TOUR IN THE U.S. YOUR CRAPPY MOBILE 2ND HAND MOBILE OHONE WOULD BE AN IDEAL GIFT FOR HIS ROYALNESS AND I NEED VERY MUCH. I WILL SEND YOU A CHEQUE FOR 2000 £ MORE THAN IT'S WORTH, AND YOU SEND ME BACK THE DIFFERWENCE OK.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

ROFL

And you even posted it at LEET o'clock
icon14.gif

MB

Back
Top Bottom