How do you round off corners in photoshop?

Soldato
Hi.

Just a quick question probably, but say i have a photograph or image i would like to round the corners off, what process would i go ahead to doing it? any tutorials will help, it's more than likely dead easy but some tutorials i've looked at haven't helped me.

Thanks.

Soldato
Ive always found this tricky to do as well. The way I do it, is use the round selection tool at the corners of the picture, then add a rectangle selection to the middle of that, then invert the selection and clear what you don't want. Hope that made sense. Im sure there must be an easier way, but im not aware of it.

Associate
one way in which i would go about it would be to get the retangular marquee tool

set the feather along the top bar to round off the edges, make the selection, now the problem is it wont make a clean path, so press Q to enter quick mask mode, then click at the top:
Image > adjustments > threshold, then use the default setting and click ok, now you can also use some blur filters if you want the edge to be a bit smoother, once happy, press Q again, do CTRL + SHIFT + I to invert selection, and then delete the bit you dont need or just fill it and make that a new layer etc :)

Associate
Select the rounded rectangle tool, set it to draw paths, change the radius to whatever you like, draw the rectangle, right click it, select make selection, copy the portion of the image(alternatively, invert selection and clear what you don't want).

Soldato
OP
SamHandwich said:
Select the rounded rectangle tool, set it to draw paths, change the radius to whatever you like, draw the rectangle, right click it, select make selection, copy the portion of the image(alternatively, invert selection and clear what you don't want).
Thanks man, this method is easy and has helped me, cheers :)

yey. :D

edit: testing image:

field%20sunset.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom