Help with Audio

Associate
Hi all,

Looking for a reasonable audio setup for my car, 1999 seicento sporting.

Not really into playing music for the entire street but the stock system is destroying my ears.

All i know is there are 2 10cm speakers in the front, and nothing else.

Its a vague question but i was wondering what kind of setup anyone could suggest for around £200?

thanks in advance!

Associate
OP
I believe so, theres a pretty shocking sony CD player in there, which i presume to be stock.

I'll fit it, ive got a pretty good knowledge of wiring and the like, not really too clued up on what actually sounds the best in a car though.

As for subs etc, i quite like the idea of having the extra bass but it comes down to what will sound the best at the end of the day, as there arent any rear speakers to replace, i was hoping someone could suggest something other than some 6x9's on the shelf.

Cheers.

Soldato
Two options

1: New HU (100 quid), front speakers (50 quid) and maybe get a sub / amp when you have more cash.

2: As above but get a set of 6x9's as well.

Budget isn't very high so you're pretty limited.

Associate
When i had a cinq, i put new sony coaxial speakers in the front, and sony 6x9s on the shelf, (i know they are not liked) but the base was good from them, the interior mirror used to vibrate with the base.

the HU was awia around £100 and speakers were another £70ish, not a lot but made a huge difference to the sound.

Associate
chrislusty said:
When i had a cinq, i put new sony coaxial speakers in the front, and sony 6x9s on the shelf, (i know they are not liked) but the base was good from them, the interior mirror used to vibrate with the base.

My rear view mirror shakes along with the bassline! love it! But is useless when i want to look behind!

Soldato
I'd imagine that a set of 6x9s would be fine in the rear of such a small car. A sub would probably shake it apart :)

6x9s are £25 upwards. Then a half-decent set of 2-way 10cm speakers in the front will set you back around £50. That leaves you £125 for a headunit and any wiring you may need.

Andy

Back
Top Bottom