• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Can i use v6.2 Omega's? - Xpress 200m (Laptop)

Soldato
Hi all, :)

As title really. I've heard that only the M6 series can use the omega drivers, and that older ones must use the manufacturer ones supplied.

I don't want to mess up my laptop because i don't want to have to format (not a clue where i'd get my current drivers) so these work, or at least be reversable.

Many thanks. :)

Edit: Laptop is compaq presario r4000.

Associate
yes, just been updating my mates laptop today and its exactly the same one as yours and I used the omega 6.2 drivers and they work a treat.
also there's a modded version of ati tray tool with it to that also works as the stock on gave my bsod's

Associate
Yeh I just removed the old ones then installed the omega's.
Just to be safe with it being my mates I made a system restore point before I did anything so if it all went **** up then I could fall back on that. Always worth covering your back.

Soldato
OP
Just a quick question:

When you add/removed the ATi drivers, did it say something about "Do you wish to remove the xpress 200m" or something along those lines, because ive removed the drivers and it asked me to restart, but i dont know whether i need to remove this as well?

Back
Top Bottom