Williams V Skelton Boxing **Spoilers**

Soldato
Can't see a thread on this so thought i'd start one.

Another good night of ITV boxing tonight at 9.50 with the main event being Danny Williams V Matt Skelton with potentially a world heavyweight title shot to the winner. I'd go with Skelton to win this as unlike ordinary Harrison he might actually come to fight Williams :eek:.

Of more interest to me is seeing Amir Kahn's continued progress on the undercard, hopefully this geezer wont get floored in 2 minutes!

Soldato
I've got a feeling its just going to be another evening of anti-climactic boxing on ITV.

Williams and Skelton are just a couple of sluggish, overweight and average heavyweights. It wouldn't surprise me if it turned into a fight similar to the Williams v Harrison fight.

Also, i fear the Khan fight may be over in the first couple of rounds.

Déjà Vu? :)

Caporegime
I was wondering why nobody had started a thread about the boxing yet. I don't know who to put my money on. First you have Skelton who seems to like knocking people out but how good his previous opponents have been is questionable, as is his fitness and ability to take a punch. Then you have the heartless Williams. He has proven punch power but always bottles it. He can't take a punch and unless he gets on top early, won't try and fight. I think it should be a better match-up than Awful Audley vs Williams, because Skelton will attack, but can't see either doing much on the world scene. Having said that, the heavyweight scene is in a shocking state at the moment so who knows. I don't think Amir will be facing any dangerous opponents for a while so expect him to win on points or by knockout.

Soldato
OP
Amir could do with the 6 round workout he said so in the papers this morning so I reckon he'll not go all out to floor him but if he goes down what can ya do!!

The fact Williams and Skelton are anywhere near the world title hunt shows how bad the heavyweight division is! guys like Ali or Lewis even Bruno would eat most heavyweights today for breakfast!

Soldato
I don't think the Skelton v Williams fight will be as boring as the Williams v Harrison affair, as Matt likes to come forward all the time and land some big punches, so it should be a better fight, with Skelton probably winning.

As for either of them fighting for the world title, it does indeed show how feeble the division is at the moment.

Amir to win inside the distance, but I can't say more than that, as I don't know anything about his opponent.

Caporegime
Skunkworks said:
Are there any promising heavyweights coming up through the ranks?
There are a few, but I can't remember any of their names. David Haye has always talked about stepping up a weight and looking at the size of the current champs (if you can even call them that) I don't think he would have a problem.

Edit: Forgot about Valuev :o Apart from the size of Valuev, none are that big.

Soldato
Where do they get these plonkers from? They're never going to see what Khan is capable of when they put him up against these statues.

Soldato
OP
Scrappy fight there really. To much holding.

Dunno as we learnt anything new from Kahn there he could have taken that bloke out in a round if he'd have wanted to. Could really do with finding some bloke who might last 6 rounds.

Soldato
Not that impressed. Khan was landing a low percentage of his punches. 'Action' Jackson seemed quite a strong lad but seemed more intent on going the distance rather than winning the fight!

Back
Top Bottom